Titans' Bertoli, Victoria's Lingren Named All-Star Captains
January 17, 2006 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - The ECHL announced on Tuesday that Trenton left wing
Scott Bertoli has been named team captain for the American Conference and
that Victoria defenseman Steve Lingren has been named team captain for the
National Conference in the 2006 ECHL All-Star Game presented by Bud
The Fresno Falcons are the host for the 2006 ECHL All-Star Skills
Competition on Jan. 24 and the 2006 ECHL All-Star Game presented by Bud
Light on Jan. 25. Both events will be at Save Mart Center and begin at
7 p.m. PT.
Tickets are still available for the game and the skills competition and can
be purchased at Save Mart Center's box office from 9:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Monday to Friday as well as at Ticketmaster online or by telephone at (559)
485-8497 and at select Save Mart Supermarkets, Tower Records, Wherehouse
Music and Ritmo Latino locations.
Voted as a starter for the second time and making his second ECHL All-Star
Game appearance, Bertoli leads Trenton with 11 goals, 26 assists and 37
points which tie him for 15th in the league.
The alternate captains for the American Conference are Florida forward
Ernie Hartlieb and Charlotte defenseman Rory Rawlyk, who are both making
their first All-Star appearance. Hartlieb is second on the Everblades with
16 goals and 33 points while Rawlyk is tied for second among league
defensemen with eight power-play goals and tied for third with nine goals
and tied for sixth with 28 points.
Voted as a starter for the second time and making his third ECHL All-Star
Game appearance, Lingren leads Victoria and league defensemen with 15 goals
and 10 power-play goals while his 30 points tie him for second among ECHL
The alternate captains for the National Conference are Idaho right wing
Garett Bembridge, who is making his first start and All-Star Game
appearance, and Fresno left wing Luke Curtin, who is making his second
consecutive start and third start overall while playing in his fourth ECHL
All-Star Game. Bembridge leads the league with 31 goals, 12 power-play
goals and 57 points while Curtin is tied for fourth in the league with 29
assists and sixth with 43 points.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2006
- Ice Pilots Lose 5-3 at Charlotte - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ford Named Reebok/ECHL Goalie of the Week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jamieson turns in hat trick as Checkers down Pensacola, 5-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Car Magnet and Cap Giveaways This Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Lingren gets his "C" legs - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads acquire two in trade - Idaho Steelheads
- Skate with the Falcons Tomorrow Night at Granite Park - Fresno Falcons
- Curtin Named National Conference Alternate Captain - Fresno Falcons
- Utah Grizzlies Announce Roster Changes - Utah Grizzlies
- Dunham recalled to NHL Atlanta; Tarkki Reassigned from AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Gajic Named Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Franck, Mosienko Added To American Conference Roster - ECHL
- Mosienko selected to ECHL All-Star Game - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots' Ford Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Chiefs Acquire Size and Grit - Johnstown Chiefs
- Gladiators' Gajic Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Dany Roussin Selected As Runner-Up ECHL Player of Week - Reading Royals
- Rays Sign Andersson, Engelland Reassigned - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bertoli named captain of American Conference All-Star Team - Trenton Devils
- Titans' Bertoli, Victoria's Lingren Named All-Star Captains - ECHL
- Hartlieb named alternate captain of All-Star team - Florida Everblades
- Chris Barr Loaned To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Grizzlies Visit Shriners Hosptial - Utah Grizzlies
- RoadRunners To Visit Phoenix Children's Hospital Today - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.