Gladiators' Gajic Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week
January 17, 2006 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - Milan Gajic of the Gwinnett is the In Glas Co ECHL
Player of the Week for Jan. 9-15, 2006 and becomes the third Gladiator to
win the award, joining Guillaume Desbiens and Pascal Pelletier who won in
back-to-back weeks in December.
The 24-year-old Gajic had eight assists and nine points to help the
Gladiators go 2-1-1 and remain in second place in the South Division with
49 points and a 22-8-5 record.
Drafted in the fourth round (112th overall) by the Atlanta Thrashers in the
2001 NHL Entry Draft and under contract to Providence of the American
Hockey League, Gajic began the week by registering an assist and scoring
the game-winning-goal in a 2-1 win at Greenville on Jan. 10. In the second
game at Greenville on Jan. 12, he recorded three assists in a 5-4 shootout
loss and added another assist at home in a 4-1 loss over the Grrrowl on
Jan. 13. He closed out the week with three assists in a 5-3 win against
Charlotte on Jan. 14 that extended his scoring streak to five games.
The 6-foot and 180-pound Gajic had two goals on Jan. 16 to extend his
scoring streak to six games (4g-9a) and he leads the Gladiators the last
five games with eight assists and 11 points. He has scored in 11 of his
last 13 games, including eight multiple-point games, and he has 22 points
(9g-13a) since being assigned to the team on Dec. 26 from Providence of the
AHL, where he has one assist in 13 games.
A native of Burnaby, British Columbia, Gajic spent four years at the
University of Michigan where he scored 115 points (53g-62a) in 159 games
and helped the Wolverines win the Central Collegiate Hockey Association
championship and advance to the Frozen Four in 2001-02 and 2002-03. He also
played for the Burnaby Bulldogs of the British Columbia Hockey League in
2000-01 and had 98 points (46g-62a) in 50 games.
On behalf of Milan Gajic, a case of pucks will be donated to a Gwinnett
area youth hockey organization by In Glas Co, the exclusive puck
supplier for the ECHL.
In Glas Co has donated over 13,500 pucks to youth hockey
organizations in ECHL cities since it began sponsoring the award in
2000-01. In Glas Co also donated all of the limited-edition pucks
that were used during the opening weekend and auctioned off for hurricane
Runners Up: Adam Courchaine, Pensacola (4gp-2g-6a-8pts) and Dany
Roussin, Reading (4gp-4g-3a-7pts).
Also Nominated: Vladimir Novak (Alaska), Steve Saviano (Florida),
Marco Peluso (Las Vegas), Pierre-Luc-Sleigher (San Diego), Cail MacLean
(South Carolina), Maris Ziedins (Stockton), Chris Blight (Toledo), Peter
Zingoni (Trenton), Colt King (Utah) and Mike Wirll (Utah).
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2006
- Ice Pilots Lose 5-3 at Charlotte - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ford Named Reebok/ECHL Goalie of the Week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jamieson turns in hat trick as Checkers down Pensacola, 5-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Car Magnet and Cap Giveaways This Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Lingren gets his "C" legs - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads acquire two in trade - Idaho Steelheads
- Skate with the Falcons Tomorrow Night at Granite Park - Fresno Falcons
- Curtin Named National Conference Alternate Captain - Fresno Falcons
- Utah Grizzlies Announce Roster Changes - Utah Grizzlies
- Dunham recalled to NHL Atlanta; Tarkki Reassigned from AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Gajic Named Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Franck, Mosienko Added To American Conference Roster - ECHL
- Mosienko selected to ECHL All-Star Game - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots' Ford Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Chiefs Acquire Size and Grit - Johnstown Chiefs
- Gladiators' Gajic Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Dany Roussin Selected As Runner-Up ECHL Player of Week - Reading Royals
- Rays Sign Andersson, Engelland Reassigned - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bertoli named captain of American Conference All-Star Team - Trenton Devils
- Titans' Bertoli, Victoria's Lingren Named All-Star Captains - ECHL
- Hartlieb named alternate captain of All-Star team - Florida Everblades
- Chris Barr Loaned To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Grizzlies Visit Shriners Hosptial - Utah Grizzlies
- RoadRunners To Visit Phoenix Children's Hospital Today - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.