Jamieson turns in hat trick as Checkers down Pensacola, 5-3
CHARLOTTE, N.C. - The Charlotte Checkers snapped a four-game skid with a 5-3 win over the Pensacola Ice Pilots Tuesday night in front of 4,511 fans at St. Lawrence Homes Home Ice at Charlotte Bobcats Arena. Charlotte's Dusty Jamieson turned in his second hat trick of the month as he pushed his point total to 35 on the season which leads the team.
Charlotte scored the first two goals of the game late in the first period. Nathan Gillies, in his first game back from the injured reserve list, scored his eighth goal of the season at the 16:14 mark of the first period. Jamieson followed up with a power play goal at the 18:28 mark.
Pensacola would fight back in the second period scoring three goals and shutting out the Checkers to take a 3-2 advantage into the second intermission. The Ice Pilots scored on goals from Adam Courchaine, Dallas Steward and Steven Later.
Jake Ortmeyer tied the game for the Checkers at the 5:26 mark of the third period with his sixth goal of the season. Jamieson scored the game-winner at the 11:09 mark and picked up the hat trick on an empty-netter at the 19:36 mark of the third.
Jeff Glass picked up his eighth win of the season making 19 saves while Pensacola's Todd Ford took the loss after stopping 32-of-36 shots.
The Checkers move to 19-16-3 on the season while Pensacola falls to 15-20-3.
The Checkers will be on the road Friday at Columbia and return home Saturday to face Greenville and South Carolina on Sunday. For more information, or tickets, call the Checkers Front Office at 704-342-4-ICE or visit www.gocheckers.com.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2006
- Ice Pilots Lose 5-3 at Charlotte - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ford Named Reebok/ECHL Goalie of the Week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jamieson turns in hat trick as Checkers down Pensacola, 5-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Car Magnet and Cap Giveaways This Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Lingren gets his "C" legs - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads acquire two in trade - Idaho Steelheads
- Skate with the Falcons Tomorrow Night at Granite Park - Fresno Falcons
- Curtin Named National Conference Alternate Captain - Fresno Falcons
- Utah Grizzlies Announce Roster Changes - Utah Grizzlies
- Dunham recalled to NHL Atlanta; Tarkki Reassigned from AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Gajic Named Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Franck, Mosienko Added To American Conference Roster - ECHL
- Mosienko selected to ECHL All-Star Game - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots' Ford Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Chiefs Acquire Size and Grit - Johnstown Chiefs
- Gladiators' Gajic Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Dany Roussin Selected As Runner-Up ECHL Player of Week - Reading Royals
- Rays Sign Andersson, Engelland Reassigned - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bertoli named captain of American Conference All-Star Team - Trenton Devils
- Titans' Bertoli, Victoria's Lingren Named All-Star Captains - ECHL
- Hartlieb named alternate captain of All-Star team - Florida Everblades
- Chris Barr Loaned To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Grizzlies Visit Shriners Hosptial - Utah Grizzlies
- RoadRunners To Visit Phoenix Children's Hospital Today - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.