Chris Barr Loaned To Manchester
Reading, PA - The Reading Royals of the ECHL, affiliate of the Los Angeles Kings of the National Hockey League and the Manchester Monarchs of the American Hockey League, today announced that defenseman Chris Barr has been loaned to Manchester. In a separate transaction, forward Jamie O'Leary was released. This marks the second trip to Manchester for Barr, who played three games for the Monarchs last week (0g -0a = 0pts, 7 pims, Even). Barr, a first year pro from Nipiwan, Saskatchewan, was returned to the Royals last Friday and played in Reading's three games over the weekend. In 31 games with the Royals this year, Barr, who was the HOK Sport ECHL Plus-Performer of the Month for November, has scored one goal, assisted on five others, picked up 44 penalty minutes and played to a plus 16. O'Leary, a seventh year pro from Needham, Massachusetts, has played in Reading on a part-time basis over the past couple of seasons. This year, he played five games with the Royals and scored a goal on his first shift-on his first shot-on January 6 in a 4-3 win over the Johnstown Chiefs.
The Royals return to action in Johnstown against the Chiefs on Wednesday night. After that, Reading returns home on Friday night against the Wheeling Nailers when the first 2000 fans in attendance receive the second in a series of five bobbleheads being given away this season to commemorate the Royals' fifth anniversary season. On Saturday the Royals are back at the Sovereign Center against the Chiefs. The first 1500 fans in attendance, who are 21 years of age or older, on Saturday receive a Yuengling Lager Pint Glass-the second in a series of five to be given away this season-courtesy of All-Star Distributing. Royals' game day broadcasts can be heard on ESPN Radio 1240 am in Ephrata and www.royalshockey.com with pre-game beginning 30 minutes before the opening face-off. Streaming video is also available through the Royals' website on a pay per view basis provided by B2 Networks.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2006
- Ice Pilots Lose 5-3 at Charlotte - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ford Named Reebok/ECHL Goalie of the Week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jamieson turns in hat trick as Checkers down Pensacola, 5-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Car Magnet and Cap Giveaways This Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Lingren gets his "C" legs - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads acquire two in trade - Idaho Steelheads
- Skate with the Falcons Tomorrow Night at Granite Park - Fresno Falcons
- Curtin Named National Conference Alternate Captain - Fresno Falcons
- Utah Grizzlies Announce Roster Changes - Utah Grizzlies
- Dunham recalled to NHL Atlanta; Tarkki Reassigned from AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Gajic Named Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Franck, Mosienko Added To American Conference Roster - ECHL
- Mosienko selected to ECHL All-Star Game - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots' Ford Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Chiefs Acquire Size and Grit - Johnstown Chiefs
- Gladiators' Gajic Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Dany Roussin Selected As Runner-Up ECHL Player of Week - Reading Royals
- Rays Sign Andersson, Engelland Reassigned - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bertoli named captain of American Conference All-Star Team - Trenton Devils
- Titans' Bertoli, Victoria's Lingren Named All-Star Captains - ECHL
- Hartlieb named alternate captain of All-Star team - Florida Everblades
- Chris Barr Loaned To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Grizzlies Visit Shriners Hosptial - Utah Grizzlies
- RoadRunners To Visit Phoenix Children's Hospital Today - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.