Ice Pilots' Ford Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week
January 17, 2006 - ECHL (ECHL) News Release
PRINCETON, N.J. - Todd Ford of the Pensacola Ice Pilots is the Reebok
ECHL Goaltender of the Week for Jan. 9-15, 2006.
The 22-year-old went 4-0-0 on the road as the Ice Pilots had their longest winning streak and road winning streak of the season. He had a goals-against average of 1.98 and a save percentage of .950 while posting two wins at Columbia and wins at South Carolina and Charlotte.
The 6-foot-4 and 190-pound Ford made 30 saves in regulation and two saves in overtime as Pensacola won 4-3 at South Carolina on Jan. 10 and he had 26 saves in a 5-1 win at Charlotte on Jan. 11. He made 38 saves in regulation and two saves in overtime before stopping four of five shooters in the shootout for a 3-2 win at Columbia on Jan. 13 and on Jan. 14 made 35 saves in a 3-2 win at Columbia.
Ford is 9-10-0 with a goals against of 3.57 and a save percentage of .901 in 20 games for Pensacola.
Selected in the third round (74th overall) by Toronto in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft and under contract to the Maple Leafs, the 21-year-old Ford was selected to the ECHL All-Star Game and was 19-4-2 with one shutout, a goals-against average of 2.32 and a save percentage of .930 in 28 games with the Ice Pilots as a rookie in 2004-05.
Ford played four seasons in the Western Hockey League with Vancouver, Swift Current, and Prince George, compiling a career record of 55-55-17.
Runners Up: Marc Magliarditi, Las Vegas (3-0-0, 1.00 GAA, .952 save
pct.) and Andy Franck, Wheeling (3-1-0, 1.26 GAA, .951 save pct).
Also Nominated: Matt Underhill (Alaska), Phil Osaer (Florida), Mike
Morrison (Greenville), Sean Fields (Gwinnett), Michael Mole (Phoenix),
Tyler Weiman (San Diego), Maxime Daigneault (South Carolina), Drew
MacIntyre (Toledo), Dave Marlin (Trenton), Justin Eddy (Utah), and Rob
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 17, 2006
- Ice Pilots Lose 5-3 at Charlotte - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Ford Named Reebok/ECHL Goalie of the Week - Pensacola Ice Pilots
- Jamieson turns in hat trick as Checkers down Pensacola, 5-3 - Charlotte Checkers
- Car Magnet and Cap Giveaways This Weekend - Bakersfield Condors
- Lingren gets his "C" legs - Victoria Salmon Kings
- Steelheads acquire two in trade - Idaho Steelheads
- Skate with the Falcons Tomorrow Night at Granite Park - Fresno Falcons
- Curtin Named National Conference Alternate Captain - Fresno Falcons
- Utah Grizzlies Announce Roster Changes - Utah Grizzlies
- Dunham recalled to NHL Atlanta; Tarkki Reassigned from AHL Chicago - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Transactions - ECHL
- Gajic Named Player of the Week - Atlanta Gladiators
- Franck, Mosienko Added To American Conference Roster - ECHL
- Mosienko selected to ECHL All-Star Game - Greenville Grrrowl
- Ice Pilots' Ford Named Reebok Hockey ECHL Goaltender Of The Week - ECHL
- Chiefs Acquire Size and Grit - Johnstown Chiefs
- Gladiators' Gajic Named In Glas Co ECHL Player Of The Week - ECHL
- Dany Roussin Selected As Runner-Up ECHL Player of Week - Reading Royals
- Rays Sign Andersson, Engelland Reassigned - South Carolina Stingrays
- Bertoli named captain of American Conference All-Star Team - Trenton Devils
- Titans' Bertoli, Victoria's Lingren Named All-Star Captains - ECHL
- Hartlieb named alternate captain of All-Star team - Florida Everblades
- Chris Barr Loaned To Manchester - Reading Royals
- Ice Dogs Weekly - Long Beach Ice Dogs
- Grizzlies Visit Shriners Hosptial - Utah Grizzlies
- RoadRunners To Visit Phoenix Children's Hospital Today - Phoenix RoadRunners
- ECHL Today - ECHL
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.