Moose Tipped by Rockford
The Manitoba Moose (22-29-0-0) lost a 2-1 decision against the Rockford IceHogs (23-25-1-2) on Wednesday night at Bell MTS Place.
With 4:19 remaining in the first period, Leon Gawanke set up Michael Spacek for the one-timer however his attempt went off the post. With 40 seconds left in the frame, Seth Griffith found C.J. Suess on the man advantage who netted his 13th of the campaign to give Manitoba the 1-0 advantage.
With 8:28 off the clock in the second period, Alexandre Fortin connected for the IceHogs and tied the game 1-1. With just under two minutes remaining in the second, Leon Gawanke got the puck past IceHogs netminder Kevin Lankinen however it went off the pipe.
With 3:09 gone in the third, Eric Comrie robbed Fortin of capitalizing for the IceHogs and went on to deny Gabriel Gagne who found the rebound. Less than two minutes later, John Quenneville scored for Rockford to stamp the club's 2-1 victory.
Jimmy Oligny appeared in his 350th career AHL game
Manitoba didn't allow Rockford to register a shot until 13:22 into the contest
Leon Gawanke holds the second place ranking among Manitoba's assist leaders with 18 on the season What's Next?
The Moose take on the Rockford IceHogs on Thursday, Feb. 13. Puck drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. Tickets are available at moosehockey.com/tickets.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Wolves Score Five Straight to Win - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Fall to Wolves to Start Roadtrip - Milwaukee Admirals
- Coyotes Recall Hayton; Assign Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Announce Two Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Murray Thriving in Third Year with Sens - Belleville Senators
- San Diego Gulls Sign Defenseman Keegan Kanzig to PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Assign a Pair of Forwards to ECHL - San Jose Barracuda
- Collin Delia Bobblehead Night Slated for Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Stars Recall Left Wing Jason Robertson from Texas - Texas Stars
- Bears Re-Assign Wittchow to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Late Push Earns Reign Win - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners Earn Earliest 30th Win In Team History With Controlling Effort In Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Earn Point in OT Loss to Heat - San Jose Barracuda
- Currie Scores His 99th AHL Goal in Condors 4-2 Setback - Bakersfield Condors
- Philp Finishes Comeback Bid as Heat Earn OT Win - Stockton Heat
- Roadrunners Trip up Eagles, 5-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Moose Tipped by Rockford - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Put in Solid Effort But Slip 3-2 against Comets - Laval Rocket
- Admirals Shoot Down Stars - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.