Admirals Fall to Wolves to Start Roadtrip
Rosemont, IL - The Chicago Wolves scored five third-period goals to earn a come-from-behind, 5-2 win over the Milwaukee Admirals Thursday at Allstate Arena.
Milwaukee led 2-0 after two periods. The loss dropped Milwaukee's record top 34-10-4-3. The five goals in the third period were the most allowed by the Admirals in a single period this season. The previous high was three (four times).
Chicago got on the board at 9:00 of the third period. Gage Quinney, standing near the crease, slapped a loose puck into the net for his 14th goal of the season to make the score 2-1.
Dylan Coghlan slapped a puck into the net from the left circle at 11:09 of the third to tie the score at 2-2.
Valentin Zykov's deflection from the slot at 12:16 was the game-winner for Chicago.
Cody Glass made it 4-2 when he slid a backhander into the net at 13:43.
Tye McGinn closed the scoring with an empty-netter with 22 seconds to go in the contest.
Milwaukee scored the only goal of the first period. Tanner Jeannot passed the puck from behind Chicago's net to Alex Carrier at the right point. Carrier's low wrist shot was deflected into the net by Michael McCarron. It was McCarron's 11th goal of the season (sixth with the Admirals).
The Admirals claimed a 2-0 lead at 11:59 of the second period. Miikka Salomaki forced an errant pass in front of the Chicago goal. Wolves defenseman Jimmy Schuldt passed the puck to the front of his net and Eeli Tolvanen intercepted and shot the puck under the crossbar. Tolvanen's 14th goal of the season was assisted by Salomaki.
Milwaukee continues its three-game road trip with a visit to Winnipeg to play the Manitoba Moose Sat., Feb. 15 and Mon., Feb. 17. The Admirals return home to host the Iowa Wild at UWM Panther Arena Wed., Feb. 19.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Wolves Score Five Straight to Win - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Fall to Wolves to Start Roadtrip - Milwaukee Admirals
- Coyotes Recall Hayton; Assign Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Announce Two Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Murray Thriving in Third Year with Sens - Belleville Senators
- San Diego Gulls Sign Defenseman Keegan Kanzig to PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Assign a Pair of Forwards to ECHL - San Jose Barracuda
- Collin Delia Bobblehead Night Slated for Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Stars Recall Left Wing Jason Robertson from Texas - Texas Stars
- Bears Re-Assign Wittchow to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Late Push Earns Reign Win - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners Earn Earliest 30th Win In Team History With Controlling Effort In Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Earn Point in OT Loss to Heat - San Jose Barracuda
- Currie Scores His 99th AHL Goal in Condors 4-2 Setback - Bakersfield Condors
- Philp Finishes Comeback Bid as Heat Earn OT Win - Stockton Heat
- Roadrunners Trip up Eagles, 5-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Moose Tipped by Rockford - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Put in Solid Effort But Slip 3-2 against Comets - Laval Rocket
- Admirals Shoot Down Stars - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Admirals Stories
- Predators Recall Connor Ingram
- Admirals Hammer IceHogs
- Admirals Fall Late to Wild
- Russell Dickerson to Perform Post-Game Saturday Night
- Admirals Fend off Moose