Admirals Shoot Down Stars
Milwaukee, WI - Alex Carrier and Cole Schneider lit the lamp for Milwaukee, while Troy Grosenick stopped 29 of 30 shots to earn the victory as the Admirals topped the Texas Stars 2-1 on Wednesday night at Panther Arena.
The win snapped a brief two-game losing streak for Milwaukee, who continue to lead the AHL with 75 points on a 34-9-4-3 record.
Texas got the on the board first when Gavin Bayreuther shot from the high slot found its way through traffic and clanked off the right post 8:55 into the first.
Milwaukee tied the game up on a similar shot from Carrier, who picked up his fifth goal of the season on the play. Carrier took a pass off the boards at the point from Tanner Jeannot and skated to the top of the right circle before firing a wrister that went post-and-in just over three minutes into the sandwich frame.
The score stayed knotted at one until the 8:37 mark of the third period, when Cole Schneider had an easy tap-in goal, courtesy of a deflection off Tommy Novak's face. The play started with a turnover in the Texas zone, which Daniel Carr picked up and sent a pass through the slot to Novak. However, the puck was deflected by the Stars Joel Hanley and hit Novak in the face. Luckily the puck dropped down to the ice right in front of him and he slid a pass to Schneider, who was wide open for an easy goal.
Grosenick, who improved his record to 18-5-2 on the season, and the Ads held off a late charge from the Stars, which included a penalty kill and a pulled Texas goalie over the final four minutes of the contest.
The Admirals head out on a brief three-game roadtrip beginning tomorrow night in Chicago against the Wolves. The Ads don't return home until next Wednesday night when they play host to the Iowa Wild at 7 pm at Panther Arena.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Wolves Score Five Straight to Win - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Fall to Wolves to Start Roadtrip - Milwaukee Admirals
- Coyotes Recall Hayton; Assign Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Announce Two Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Murray Thriving in Third Year with Sens - Belleville Senators
- San Diego Gulls Sign Defenseman Keegan Kanzig to PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Assign a Pair of Forwards to ECHL - San Jose Barracuda
- Collin Delia Bobblehead Night Slated for Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Stars Recall Left Wing Jason Robertson from Texas - Texas Stars
- Bears Re-Assign Wittchow to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Late Push Earns Reign Win - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners Earn Earliest 30th Win In Team History With Controlling Effort In Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Earn Point in OT Loss to Heat - San Jose Barracuda
- Currie Scores His 99th AHL Goal in Condors 4-2 Setback - Bakersfield Condors
- Philp Finishes Comeback Bid as Heat Earn OT Win - Stockton Heat
- Roadrunners Trip up Eagles, 5-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Moose Tipped by Rockford - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Put in Solid Effort But Slip 3-2 against Comets - Laval Rocket
- Admirals Shoot Down Stars - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Milwaukee Admirals Stories
- Predators Recall Connor Ingram
- Admirals Hammer IceHogs
- Admirals Fall Late to Wild
- Russell Dickerson to Perform Post-Game Saturday Night
- Admirals Fend off Moose