Coyotes Recall Hayton; Assign Ness to Tucson
GLENDALE, ARIZONA - Arizona Coyotes President of Hockey Operations and General Manager John Chayka announced today that the Coyotes have recalled forward Barrett Hayton from the Tucson Roadrunners, the club's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate. The Coyotes have also assigned defenseman Aaron Ness to the Roadrunners.
The 19-year-old Hayton registered 1-4-5 in five games with Tucson. He's also recorded 1-3-4 and 12 penalty minutes (PIM) in 14 games with the Coyotes this season. Hayton became the seventh youngest player (19 years, 123 days) in Coyotes history to make his NHL debut on October 10, 2019 against the Vegas Golden Knights.
The 6-foot-1, 190-pound native of Kitchener, ON was captain of Team Canada for the 2020 World Junior Championship and helped Canada capture the gold medal by scoring the game-tying goal in the third period in the final against Russia. Hayton recorded 6-6-12 in seven games, finishing second in scoring for the tournament.
Hayton was originally drafted by the Coyotes in the first round (5th overall) in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft.
The 5-foot-10, 184-pound Ness has recorded one assist in 21 games with the Coyotes this season. He has also collected 2-5-7 with 14 PIM in 15 games with the Roadrunners.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 13, 2020
- Wolves Score Five Straight to Win - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals Fall to Wolves to Start Roadtrip - Milwaukee Admirals
- Coyotes Recall Hayton; Assign Ness to Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
- Moose Announce Two Roster Moves - Manitoba Moose
- Murray Thriving in Third Year with Sens - Belleville Senators
- San Diego Gulls Sign Defenseman Keegan Kanzig to PTO - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Assign a Pair of Forwards to ECHL - San Jose Barracuda
- Collin Delia Bobblehead Night Slated for Saturday - Rockford IceHogs
- Dallas Stars Recall Left Wing Jason Robertson from Texas - Texas Stars
- Bears Re-Assign Wittchow to South Carolina - Hershey Bears
- Late Push Earns Reign Win - Ontario Reign
- Roadrunners Earn Earliest 30th Win In Team History With Controlling Effort In Colorado - Tucson Roadrunners
- Barracuda Earn Point in OT Loss to Heat - San Jose Barracuda
- Currie Scores His 99th AHL Goal in Condors 4-2 Setback - Bakersfield Condors
- Philp Finishes Comeback Bid as Heat Earn OT Win - Stockton Heat
- Roadrunners Trip up Eagles, 5-2 - Colorado Eagles
- Moose Tipped by Rockford - Manitoba Moose
- Rocket Put in Solid Effort But Slip 3-2 against Comets - Laval Rocket
- Admirals Shoot Down Stars - Milwaukee Admirals
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.