Monsters Weekly: February 10, 2020
The Cleveland Monsters are currently 4-3-1-0 in their nine-game homestand with the final matchup falling on Tuesday against the Grand Rapids Griffins. The Monsters most recent win was a 3-0 shutout of their division rival, the Binghamton Devils, on Friday night behind backstop Veini Vehvilainen's 34 save performance. Vehvilainen recorded his third shutout of the season with the victory while forward Derek Barach scored two goals to tie a personal-best for multi-goal games. Forward Paul Bittner also notched a power-play tally to help lead the Monsters offensively with an assist credited to defenseman Adam Clendening. With the helper, Clendening improved his team lead in power-play points to 14 and sits in sixth place among defenseman in the American Hockey League with 13 assists while on the man advantage.
Forward Jakob Lilja returned to Cleveland on February 5th appearing against the Rochester Americans for his first Monsters game since December 14th following a recall to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Lilja recorded an assist against the Amerks as well as a helper in the Monsters win over the Devils continuing his point streak that began before his time with Columbus. Lilja tied a personal-best four game point streak totaling two goals and three assists from December 13th to February 7th.
Monsters Family Value Packs start at less than $20 per person and provide the best value and flexibility for attending a Monsters game! Family Packs include four (4) discounted, lower bowl tickets to the game of your choice (as close as 4 rows from the glass!), $5 in food and beverage credit on each ticket and a FREE kid's ticket to the Greater Cleveland Aquarium when you purchase an adult aquarium ticket all for ONLY $79 (a $156 package value)! Visit www.clevelandmonsters.com/tickets/familyvalue to get yours TODAY! All Monsters tickets can be purchased at www.ClevelandMonsters.com/tickets, by calling (216) 420-0000 or by visiting any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2020
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Colorado Eagles Recall McGauley, Lewis - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Weekly: February 10 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Hello, Glass and Roy - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 10, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Flames Recall Buddy Robinson; Place Hamonic on IR - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 10-16 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- San Diego Gulls to Host Third Annual Bowling Night this Tuesday, February 11 at Mira Mesa Lanes - San Diego Gulls
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Big-Time Promotions Still Ahead in February - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolanin Assigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Flames Recall Alexander Yelesin; Assign Buddy Robinson - Stockton Heat
- Hershey's Christian Djoos Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Goaltender Alex Lyon Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rosen Reassigned to Eagles by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 16 - Rochester Americans
- Jake Elmer Reassigned from Maine of ECHL, Jeff Taylor, Lewis Zerter-Gossage Assigned to Mariners - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Wives and Girlfriends Selling Autographed Pucks in Support of Ready, Set, Swim - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Weekly: February 10, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters and Physicians Ambulance Join Together for Season of Giving
- Monsters Announce New Television Program on SportsTime Ohio, Monsters OT, Presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Monsters Sign Forward Carson Meyer to AHL Contract
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Thomas Schemitsch to AHL Contract
- Cavs, Monsters and Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement