Big-Time Promotions Still Ahead in February
BRIDGEPORT, Conn. - Two of the season's biggest weekends at Webster Bank Arena are right around the corner as the Bridgeport Sound Tigers power through February.
Hockey Weekend in Connecticut (Feb. 22-23) and Marvel Night (Feb. 29) are still ahead this month, packed with popular giveaway items, character meet-and-greets, and a history-making event in the hockey world.
Hockey Weekend in Connecticut returns for its second straight season and the Sound Tigers have packed even more excitement into this year's two-day event. On Saturday, Feb. 22, the first 1,000 kids 12 and younger will receive a free Sound Tigers youth jersey presented by JRC Transportation - the most popular giveaway item last season. Doors open at 6 p.m.
In addition, the Sound Tigers will host the first-ever doubleheader between the American Hockey League and National Women's Hockey League (NWHL). Some of the best female hockey players in the country will take the ice as the Connecticut Whale face the Boston Pride at 2 p.m. prior to the Sound Tigers and Hershey Bears contest at 7 p.m. Just $25 gets you a ticket to both games, plus stick around following the NWHL game for a free autograph session with the entire Whale team. Click here for tickets and more information.
Less than 24 hours later, the first 2,500 fans will receive a bobblehead of Sound Tigers forward Steve Bernier, courtesy of Newtown Savings Bank. Doors open at 2 p.m. prior to Bridgeport's matinee matchup against the Hartford Wolf Pack at 3 p.m. Bernier is a veteran of 637 National Hockey League games and currently ranks fifth on the Sound Tigers' all-time goal-scoring list (63).
A weekend ticket package is available now that includes a seat to both Sound Tigers games on Feb. 22-23 and the guaranteed giveaway items for just $30! Must purchase online here.
Marvel Night and Scout Night round out the month on Feb. 29. Meet Spider-Man, Hulk, Black Widow and Thor throughout the evening as the Sound Tigers battle the Hartford Wolf Pack. In addition, the annual scout sleepover will run into the morning of Mar. 1 at Webster Bank Arena. If you would like your scout to participate, please contact John Reis at 203-345-4848 or via email ([email protected]). All scouts will receive a special Sound Tigers Scout Patch.
The Sound Tigers will also host Pittsburgh's affiliate, the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins, this Saturday, Feb. 15 and Philadelphia's affiliate, the Lehigh Valley Phantoms, on Wednesday, Feb. 19. Both games start at 7 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2020
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Colorado Eagles Recall McGauley, Lewis - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Weekly: February 10 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Hello, Glass and Roy - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 10, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Flames Recall Buddy Robinson; Place Hamonic on IR - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 10-16 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- San Diego Gulls to Host Third Annual Bowling Night this Tuesday, February 11 at Mira Mesa Lanes - San Diego Gulls
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Big-Time Promotions Still Ahead in February - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolanin Assigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Flames Recall Alexander Yelesin; Assign Buddy Robinson - Stockton Heat
- Hershey's Christian Djoos Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Goaltender Alex Lyon Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rosen Reassigned to Eagles by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 16 - Rochester Americans
- Jake Elmer Reassigned from Maine of ECHL, Jeff Taylor, Lewis Zerter-Gossage Assigned to Mariners - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Wives and Girlfriends Selling Autographed Pucks in Support of Ready, Set, Swim - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Weekly: February 10, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Bridgeport Sound Tigers Stories
- Helgeson, Kubiak, Brown, Pastujov Agree to Terms
- Islanders Sign Greer, Ho-Sang, Vande Sompel and Wotherspoon
- NCAA 2023 Division I Men's Hockey Regionals Coming to City of Bridgeport and Webster Bank Arena
- Czarnik and Hutton Agree to Two-Year Deals
- Former Sound Tigers Pushed New York Islanders to Deep Playoff Run