Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters
CLEVELAND - The AHL's Cleveland Monsters, top affiliate of the NHL's Columbus Blue Jackets, announced Monday that the Blue Jackets recalled defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from the Monsters.
A 6'5", 192 lb. left-shooting native of Orebro, Sweden, Carlsson, 23, was originally selected by Columbus in the first round (29th overall) of the 2015 NHL Entry Draft and signed a three-year, two-way entry level contract with the Blue Jackets on April 19, 2016. Carlsson posted two penalty minutes and a -1 rating in six appearances for Columbus this season and added 1-10-11 with 14 penalty minutes and a +8 rating in 39 appearances for the Monsters. In 23 career NHL appearances for the Blue Jackets spanning parts of four seasons from 2016-20, Carlsson supplied 0-3-3 with eight penalty minutes and a -4 rating and posted a +1 rating in five postseason appearances for Columbus in 2017. In 142 career AHL appearances for Cleveland spanning parts of four seasons from 2016-20, Carlsson contributed 5-24-29 with 44 penalty minutes and a +8 rating. In 92 career SHL appearances for Linkoping HC spanning parts of three seasons from 2014-17, Carlsson tallied 3-12-15 with eight penalty minutes and a +15 rating. Additionally, Carlsson represented Sweden in the 2016 and 2017 IIHF U20 World Junior Championships.
The Monsters also announced Monday that forward Abbott Girduckis was released from his professional tryout (PTO) agreement.
Monsters Family Value Packs start at less than $20 per person and provide the best value and flexibility for attending a Monsters game! Family Packs include four (4) discounted, lower bowl tickets to the game of your choice (as close as 4 rows from the glass!), $5 in food and beverage credit on each ticket and a FREE kid's ticket to the Greater Cleveland Aquarium when you purchase an adult aquarium ticket all for ONLY $79 (a $156 package value)! Visit www.clevelandmonsters.com/tickets/familyvalue to get yours TODAY! All Monsters tickets can be purchased at www.ClevelandMonsters.com/tickets, by calling (216) 420-0000 or by visiting any Northern Ohio Discount Drug Mart.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2020
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Colorado Eagles Recall McGauley, Lewis - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Weekly: February 10 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Hello, Glass and Roy - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 10, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Flames Recall Buddy Robinson; Place Hamonic on IR - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 10-16 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- San Diego Gulls to Host Third Annual Bowling Night this Tuesday, February 11 at Mira Mesa Lanes - San Diego Gulls
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Big-Time Promotions Still Ahead in February - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolanin Assigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Flames Recall Alexander Yelesin; Assign Buddy Robinson - Stockton Heat
- Hershey's Christian Djoos Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Goaltender Alex Lyon Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rosen Reassigned to Eagles by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 16 - Rochester Americans
- Jake Elmer Reassigned from Maine of ECHL, Jeff Taylor, Lewis Zerter-Gossage Assigned to Mariners - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Wives and Girlfriends Selling Autographed Pucks in Support of Ready, Set, Swim - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Weekly: February 10, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Cleveland Monsters Stories
- Monsters Announce New Television Program on SportsTime Ohio, Monsters OT, Presented by University Hospitals Sports Medicine
- Monsters Sign Forward Carson Meyer to AHL Contract
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Thomas Schemitsch to AHL Contract
- Cavs, Monsters and Charge Announce Multi-Year Extension of Radio Broadcast Agreement
- Monsters Sign Forward Tyler Sikura to AHL Contract