Jets Wives and Girlfriends Selling Autographed Pucks in Support of Ready, Set, Swim
WINNIPEG - The Winnipeg Jets announced today the second initiative by the Jets' wives and girlfriends for the 2019-20 season. The wives and girlfriends will be selling autographed "Love Struck Pucks" on the Bell MTS Place concourse when the Winnipeg Jets host the San Jose Sharks on Friday, Feb. 14. Net proceeds from the "Love Struck Pucks" initiative go to Ready, Set, Swim.
The "Love Struck Pucks" initiative is a sale of 1,200 custom designed pucks signed by the Jets' players for $30 each. Jets fans have the opportunity to purchase the pucks at three locations: the Skywalk Atrium and outside Sections 118 and 329. Each puck is signed by a Jets player and wrapped to keep their identity a surprise. Six of the 1,200 pucks are unsigned gold pucks which will grant a lucky fan one of six prizes: one of two autographed NHL All-Star jerseys from either Mark Scheifele or Connor Hellebuyck, one team-signed Jets Heritage jersey, or one of three meet and greets with either Kyle Connor, Jack Roslovic or Mason Appleton following the game that night.
The Winnipeg Jets' wives and girlfriends have chosen Ready, Set, Swim as beneficiary of this effort and the proceeds from "Love Struck Pucks" will help to provide swimming lessons for at-risk youth in Winnipeg.
Ready, Set, Swim is a community-based foundation that provides swimming lessons to at-risk children and youth ages six to 18, including newcomers to Canada, who are among the most vulnerable to drowning. They teach water safety to children to reduce their risk of drowning in Winnipeg's pools and rivers and in Manitoba's lakes. Ready, Set, Swim has been formed out of the need to get the most vulnerable groups - those who do not have access, those who are new to our country and those who simply can't afford the price tag - into the water safely. For more information on Ready, Set, Swim, please visit http://www.readysetswim.ca/.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2020
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Colorado Eagles Recall McGauley, Lewis - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Weekly: February 10 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Hello, Glass and Roy - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 10, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Flames Recall Buddy Robinson; Place Hamonic on IR - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 10-16 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- San Diego Gulls to Host Third Annual Bowling Night this Tuesday, February 11 at Mira Mesa Lanes - San Diego Gulls
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Big-Time Promotions Still Ahead in February - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolanin Assigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Flames Recall Alexander Yelesin; Assign Buddy Robinson - Stockton Heat
- Hershey's Christian Djoos Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Goaltender Alex Lyon Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rosen Reassigned to Eagles by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 16 - Rochester Americans
- Jake Elmer Reassigned from Maine of ECHL, Jeff Taylor, Lewis Zerter-Gossage Assigned to Mariners - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Wives and Girlfriends Selling Autographed Pucks in Support of Ready, Set, Swim - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Weekly: February 10, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.