Hershey's Christian Djoos Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week
February 10, 2020 - American Hockey League (AHL) News Release
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. ... The American Hockey League announced today that Hershey Bears defenseman Christian Djoos has been selected as the CCM/AHL Player of the Week for the period ending February 9, 2020.
Djoos registered seven points in three games for Hershey last week, including a game-winning goal to go along with six assists, as the Bears moved into first place in the AHL's Atlantic Division.
On Friday night at Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Djoos earned an assist on the opening goal to help propel Hershey to a 3-0 win over the Penguins. On Saturday, he scored the decisive goal early in the second period and added two assists as the Bears recorded a 5-2 victory over Springfield. And on Sunday afternoon, Djoos matched a career high with three assists in Hershey's 5-2 win at Lehigh Valley.
Djoos has totaled four goals and 24 assists for 28 points in 37 games with Hershey this season, tied for fifth on the team in scoring; he has also skated in two games for the parent Washington Capitals. The 25-year-old native of Gothenburg, Sweden, has collected 25 goals and 84 assists for 109 points in 168 career AHL contests with the Bears. Djoos has also tallied four goals and 20 assists for 24 points in 110 NHL contests with Washington, where he was a member of the Capitals' Stanley Cup championship team in 2018.
In recognition of being named the CCM/AHL Player of the Week, Djoos will be presented with an etched crystal award prior to an upcoming Bears home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from February 10, 2020
- Blue Jackets Assign Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Colorado Eagles Recall McGauley, Lewis - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Weekly: February 10 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Chicago Wolves Insider: Hello, Glass and Roy - Chicago Wolves
- Manitoba Moose Weekly: February 10, 2020 - Manitoba Moose
- Flames Recall Buddy Robinson; Place Hamonic on IR - Stockton Heat
- Wolf Pack Weekly, February 10-16 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- San Diego Gulls to Host Third Annual Bowling Night this Tuesday, February 11 at Mira Mesa Lanes - San Diego Gulls
- Amerks Weekly - Rochester Americans
- Big-Time Promotions Still Ahead in February - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Wolanin Assigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Flames Recall Alexander Yelesin; Assign Buddy Robinson - Stockton Heat
- Hershey's Christian Djoos Named CCM/AHL Player of the Week - AHL
- Goaltender Alex Lyon Loaned to Lehigh Valley - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Rosen Reassigned to Eagles by Colorado Avalanche - Colorado Eagles
- Kids Day Game Presented by 529 College Savings Program Set for Sunday, February 16 - Rochester Americans
- Jake Elmer Reassigned from Maine of ECHL, Jeff Taylor, Lewis Zerter-Gossage Assigned to Mariners - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Jets Wives and Girlfriends Selling Autographed Pucks in Support of Ready, Set, Swim - Manitoba Moose
- Monsters Weekly: February 10, 2020 - Cleveland Monsters
- Tampa Bay Lightning Recall Forward Mathieu Joseph from Syracuse Crunch - Syracuse Crunch
- Blue Jackets Recall Defenseman Gabriel Carlsson from Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.