Mitch Reinke Named to AHL All-Rookie Team
SAN ANTONIO, TX - The American Hockey League announced on Wednesday that San Antonio Rampage defenseman Mitch Reinke has been named to the 2018-19 AHL All-Rookie Team.
Reinke, 23, has appeared in all 73 games in his first season with the Rampage, tallying 11 goals and 43 points. The Stillwater, Minnesota native ranks second among all AHL rookie defensemen in scoring, and his 11 goals rank fourth among first-year blue-liners. Reinke also has 26 power play points this season, tied for first among all AHL defensemen.
"We're very proud of Mitch for his accomplishments this season," said Rampage Head Coach Drew Bannister. "Mitch has shown a lot of maturity as a first-year pro, and his work ethic on and off the ice each day has allowed him to develop into a very good hockey player for us."
Playing his first full professional season after a two-year college career at Michigan Tech, Reinke has established new Rampage franchise records for goals, assists, and points by a rookie defenseman. The undrafted prospect for the St. Louis Blues is three goals, five assists, and six points shy of matching franchise records among all Rampage defensemen.
Reinke is the only Rampage player to appear in every game this season, and should he play in the team's final three games, he will establish a new Rampage record for games played by a rookie blue-liner.
Reinke becomes the fourth Rampage player ever selected to the AHL All-Rookie Team, joining goaltender Ville Husso (2018), forward Mikko Rantanen (2016), and defenseman Filip Novak (2003).
The AHL All-Rookie Team was determined by a vote from coaches, players and media in each of the league's 31 member cities.
2018-19 AHL All-Rookie Team
G Shane Starrett, Bakersfield Condors - 40gp, 25-7-5, 2.29gaa, .919sv%, 4so D Jake Bean, Charlotte Checkers - 70gp, 13+31=44pts., +17 D Mitch Reinke, San Antonio Rampage - 73gp, 11+32=43pts., 8 PPG F Alex Barre-Boulet, Syracuse Crunch - 71gp, 33+31=64pts., 16 PPG F Drake Batherson, Belleville Senators - 56gp, 22+36=58pts., +15 F Tyler Benson, Bakersfield Condors - 65gp, 14+49=63pts., +19
Each player will receive a custom-designed crystal award in recognition of his selection to the 2018-19 AHL All-Rookie Team.
The Rampage open the final week of the regular season on Wednesday night at the HEB Center at Cedar Park, kicking off a three-game series with the Texas Stars. Puck-drop is scheduled for 7 p.m. CT, with the game available on The Ticket 760AM and on AHLTV.
Images from this story
San Antonio Rampage defenseman Mitch Reinke
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 10, 2019
- Sevens Are Wild - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Fall to Rampage in 5-3 Decision - Texas Stars
- Marlies Dent Sens Playoff Hopes - Belleville Senators
- Bellows and Gionta each score in Bridgeport's regular-season home finale on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- IceHogs Raise More Than $70,000 Through Annual Jersey Auction - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds to Honor American International College Men's Hockey Team on Friday, April 12 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Batherson Named to 2018-19 AHL All-Rookie Team - Belleville Senators
- Tucson at Bakersfield - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mitch Reinke Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - San Antonio Rampage
- Benson and Starrett Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Bakersfield Condors
- Jake Bean Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Charlotte Checkers
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2018-19 AHL All-Rookie Team - Syracuse Crunch
- 2018-19 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - AHL
- Bears Weekly: Playoff-Bound Bears Wrap up Regular Season - Hershey Bears
- Stockton Begins Final Week of Season Wednesday against Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Admirals Sign Adam Smith to AHL Contract - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sound Tigers Recall Five from Worcester (ECHL) - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Playoff Picture: Wednesday, April 10 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Appleby Reassigned to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- Condors Open Final Week of Regular Season Tonight at Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Penguins Sign Goaltender Matt O'Connor to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Visit Senators for Midweek Matchup - Toronto Marlies
- Bears Sign Forward Chris McCarthy to Professional Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Keoni Texeira to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Senators vs. Marlies, April 10 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Face Laval in Home Finale - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sikura Pots a Pair as Hogs Overcome 3-1 Deficit to Sink Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Rampage Stories
- Jake Walman Named Rampage 2019-20 IOA/American Specialty Man of the Year
- Admirals Top Rampage with Third Period Outburst
- Ingram Leads Admirals to Shutout Win over Rampage
- Stars Defeat Chimuelos on Late Robertson Goal
- Comeback Effort Falls Short against Grand Rapids