Sikura Pots a Pair as Hogs Overcome 3-1 Deficit to Sink Admirals
MILWAUKEE, Wisc - Dylan Sikura scored two goals, including the game-winner 3:21 into overtime, to help the Rockford IceHogs overcome a 3-1 deficit and sink the Milwaukee Admirals 4-3 Tuesday night at UWM-Panther Arena.
Trailing 3-1 in the second period, Lucas Carlsson ignited what proved to be the beginning of a three-goal rally with a snap shot past Troy Grosenick 12:43 into the second period. The tally was part of a two-point night for Carlsson, who finished with a goal and a helper for the IceHogs.
The score held at 3-2 until early in the third period when Sikura took a pass from Reese Johnson, skated to the point and ripped a shot top shelf to Grosenick's stick side for the equalizing tally. Johnson provided the primary helper for his second point of the evening and finished the contest with his first professional multi-point game.
Both Grosenick and Collin Delia matched each other blow for blow through the remaining of regulation. Grosenick finished with 26 saves while leading Milwaukee to a point in its 10th straight game, while Delia stopped 14 of 17 shots to help the IceHogs to the win.
In overtime, Sikura skated in from the left circle and wristed a shot over Grosenick's glove to notch his sixth game-winning goal of the season and secure two crucial points in the standings for Rockford.
Sikura's six game-winners are two more than any other IceHogs rookie during the team's AHL affiliation.
With two games remaining during the regular season, Rockford is currently one point in back of a potential playoff berth in the Central Division.
Next Home Game: Sunday, April 14 vs. Milwaukee Admirals | 6 p.m.
The IceHogs host their regular season home finale with a divisional showdown against the Milwaukee Admirals. The contest is fan appreciation night, and the first 2,500 fans receive a free team photo, courtesy of American Solutions for Business. In addition, the Hogs will host former head coach Steve Martinson and the UHL's Colonial Cup.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 10, 2019
- Sevens Are Wild - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Fall to Rampage in 5-3 Decision - Texas Stars
- Marlies Dent Sens Playoff Hopes - Belleville Senators
- Bellows and Gionta each score in Bridgeport's regular-season home finale on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- IceHogs Raise More Than $70,000 Through Annual Jersey Auction - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds to Honor American International College Men's Hockey Team on Friday, April 12 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Batherson Named to 2018-19 AHL All-Rookie Team - Belleville Senators
- Tucson at Bakersfield - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mitch Reinke Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - San Antonio Rampage
- Benson and Starrett Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Bakersfield Condors
- Jake Bean Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Charlotte Checkers
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2018-19 AHL All-Rookie Team - Syracuse Crunch
- 2018-19 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - AHL
- Bears Weekly: Playoff-Bound Bears Wrap up Regular Season - Hershey Bears
- Stockton Begins Final Week of Season Wednesday against Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Admirals Sign Adam Smith to AHL Contract - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sound Tigers Recall Five from Worcester (ECHL) - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Playoff Picture: Wednesday, April 10 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Appleby Reassigned to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- Condors Open Final Week of Regular Season Tonight at Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Penguins Sign Goaltender Matt O'Connor to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Visit Senators for Midweek Matchup - Toronto Marlies
- Bears Sign Forward Chris McCarthy to Professional Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Keoni Texeira to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Senators vs. Marlies, April 10 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Face Laval in Home Finale - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sikura Pots a Pair as Hogs Overcome 3-1 Deficit to Sink Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Sign Hobey Baker Finalist and Two-Time Big-10 Champion Cale Morris for 2020-21 Season
- IceHogs Defenseman of the Year Cody Franson Returns to Club for Upcoming Season
- Stateline Teachers, Today Is the Last Day to Enter to Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank
- Former IceHogs Johns and Rutta Collide in 2020 Stanley Cup Final
- Stateline Teachers: Win $100 with the IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank =F0=9F=8D=8E