Condors Open Final Week of Regular Season Tonight at Home
CONDORSTOWN, Calif. - The division-leading Bakersfield Condors host the Tucson Roadrunners on Dignity Health Home Ice at Rabobank Arena at 6:30 p.m. Bakersfield can earn the Pacific Division regular season title with a win AND a San Jose regulation loss in San Diego tonight.
Great seats start at $12 ($13 day of game) and are on sale, or at the Rabobank Arena box office (opens at 10 a.m.).
PROMOTION DETAILS: Enjoy $5 margaritas and $2 sodas presented by La Campesina 92.5 FM.
Please allow extra time for arrival as Rabobank Arena has installed metal detectors at all entrances. Doors open at 5:30 p.m.
EAT & DRINK
Beef & Chicken Fajitas
Rice & Beans
Chile Verde Bowl
Crossbar Craft Beer Pub
Ice Level Lounge (free with any ticket, must be 21+)
BAKERFIELD MARRIOTT POST-GAME AUTOGRAPH BOOTH: G Dylan Wells and G Shane Starrett
The Bakersfield Condors begin the final week of the regular season at home against Tucson. Bakersfield has points in five straight games in the season series (4-0-1) and has won each of the last four. Overall, Bakersfield is 4-2-1 against the Roadrunners. Tonight is the eighth and final matchup of the regular season.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
D Ethan Bear scored twice to give the Condors a 2-0 lead after one period, but San Antonio scored four straight en route to a 4-2 victory in Texas on Saturday. The loss wrapped an 0-3-0 road trip for the Condors, who saw their division magic number drop from 7 to 4 despite the three losses.
Despite 44 shots, Tucson fell 4-2 in Ontario on Sunday afternoon. The loss snapped a six-game unbeaten streak for the Roadrunners (5-0-0-1). D Dakota Mermis scored on the power play for Tucson.
The road team has won every matchup in the season series thus far. Bakersfield is a perfect 4-0-0 in Tucson while the Roadrunners are 3-0-0 at Bakersfield.
ESPOSITO STEPS UP
C Luke Esposito has points in four straight (2g-2a). He has 10 points (5g-5a) in his last 14 games. After six points in his first 31 games, the Massachusetts native has 18 points (5g-13a) in his last 30 games.
WELCOME BACK...WELCOME BACK...WELCOME BACK...WELCOME BACK...
Bakersfield has added four forwards to the lineup since Friday. RW Patrick Russell returned to the lineup Saturday after missing seven games due to injury. RW Josh Currie played Saturday for the first time in nearly two months on recall with the Edmonton Oilers. C Brad Malone and LW Joe Gambardella were each assigned to the Condors by Edmonton on Sunday.
TAKE CARE OF BUSINESS
With three games remaining in the regular season, Bakersfield has a magic number of four to clinch the top spot in the Pacific Division. The only team who can surpass the Condors is San Jose. The Barracuda travel to San Diego tonight and are in Colorado on Friday and Saturday. Bakersfield could earn its first Pacific Division title in the AHL with a win tonight and a San Jose regulation loss to San Diego.
The Condors are 19-10-3-0 at home this season... Despite an extended recall with the Oilers, LW Joe Gambardella still paces the Condors with 27 goals. His 28th would be a new Condors AHL single season record.
D Robbie Russo is 17th in the AHL among d-men in scoring with 37 points (6g-31a) in 64 games... Tucson is 8-2-1 in its last 11 games... C Lane Pederson and RW Michael Bunting each have seven power play goals.
4/9 - G Stuart Skinner assigned to Bakersfield
4/7 - C Brad Malone assigned to Bakersfield
4/7 - LW Joe Gambardella assigned to Bakersfield
4/5 - RW Josh Currie assigned to Bakersfield
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from April 10, 2019
- Sevens Are Wild - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Stars Fall to Rampage in 5-3 Decision - Texas Stars
- Marlies Dent Sens Playoff Hopes - Belleville Senators
- Bellows and Gionta each score in Bridgeport's regular-season home finale on Wednesday - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- IceHogs Raise More Than $70,000 Through Annual Jersey Auction - Rockford IceHogs
- T-Birds to Honor American International College Men's Hockey Team on Friday, April 12 - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Batherson Named to 2018-19 AHL All-Rookie Team - Belleville Senators
- Tucson at Bakersfield - Tucson Roadrunners
- Mitch Reinke Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - San Antonio Rampage
- Benson and Starrett Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Bakersfield Condors
- Jake Bean Named to AHL All-Rookie Team - Charlotte Checkers
- Alex Barre-Boulet Named to 2018-19 AHL All-Rookie Team - Syracuse Crunch
- 2018-19 American Hockey League All-Rookie Team Named - AHL
- Bears Weekly: Playoff-Bound Bears Wrap up Regular Season - Hershey Bears
- Stockton Begins Final Week of Season Wednesday against Ontario - Stockton Heat
- Admirals Sign Adam Smith to AHL Contract - Milwaukee Admirals
- Sound Tigers Recall Five from Worcester (ECHL) - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Playoff Picture: Wednesday, April 10 - Tucson Roadrunners
- Appleby Reassigned to Jacksonville - Manitoba Moose
- Condors Open Final Week of Regular Season Tonight at Home - Bakersfield Condors
- Penguins Sign Goaltender Matt O'Connor to PTO - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Marlies Visit Senators for Midweek Matchup - Toronto Marlies
- Bears Sign Forward Chris McCarthy to Professional Tryout Agreement - Hershey Bears
- Monsters Sign Defenseman Keoni Texeira to Pro Tryout Contract - Cleveland Monsters
- Senators vs. Marlies, April 10 - Belleville Senators
- Sound Tigers Face Laval in Home Finale - Bridgeport Sound Tigers
- Sikura Pots a Pair as Hogs Overcome 3-1 Deficit to Sink Admirals - Rockford IceHogs
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.