Missions Topple Storm Chasers
Jankins Moves His Winning Streak to Seven Games SAN ANTONIO - Thomas Jankins turned in another bullpen-saving performance and pitched the San Antonio Missions to a 8-2 victory over the Omaha Storm Chasers Saturday evening at Wolff Stadium.
Jankins continued his stellar run of form on the mound as he logged his team-leading eighth quality start of the season. The right-hander allowed just one run on eight hits in seven innings of work. Omaha finally broke through against Jankins with two outs in the sixth inning. Jorge Bonifacio singled to left and scored on a Ryan O'Hearn double.
San Antonio came out of the gates fast for the third straight night as they posted two runs in the first inning and one in the second. Cory Spangenberg and Travis Shaw each drove in runs for the Missions in the first inning before Lucas Erceg launched a thunderous blast to right center field in the second inning to push San Antonio's advantage to 3-0.
The Missions added some cushion to their lead in the fifth inning as David Freitas roped his 18th double of the season to left field to drive in a run. Shaw then served a base hit into shallow left field to extend their lead to 5-0.
Omaha posted a run in the sixth and another in the eighth to cut the deficit to 5-2. Blake Allemand stopped the comeback attempt in its tracks as he provided separation for the Missions. Allemand swatted his third long ball of the season, a three-run shot the opposite way to left field to complete the scoring on the night.
The Missions go for the series sweep of the Storm Chasers Sunday night at Wolff Stadium. Right-hander Burch Smith (6-3, 2.53) is scheduled to start for the Missions against right-hander Arnaldo Hernandez (2-6, 7.47) for the Storm Chasers. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05 p.m.
* With the win, San Antonio improves to 57-36 on the season. * Thomas Jankins picked up his team-leading eighth quality start of the season and won his seventh straight game to extend a career-long streak. * San Antonio has now scored two first-inning runs in each of the first three games of the series.
2019 is the 118th season of baseball in San Antonio and first as the Triple-A affiliate of the Milwaukee Brewers. Single game tickets are on sale now at the Wolff Stadium Box Office or online at samissions.com. Season seat memberships are available now by calling 210-675-PARK (7275).
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Isotopes Shut out for Eighth Time in 2019 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- San Antonio Outslugs Omaha 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Top Chasers 8-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Wisdom Hits Walk-Off Homer in Front of Sellout - Nashville Sounds
- Miller Nabs First Triple-A Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Beat 'Cakes with Ninth Inning Homerun - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Topple Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Cubs Serve Express Harsh 11-5 Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-52) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (50-42) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Reno Aces Game Notes - July 13 at Tacoma - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (36-56) vs Oklahoma City Dodgers (40-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- Bees Rally Late, Sting Aviators 10-7 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Make Comeback in Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats stumble as series evens with Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Read drives in five as Grizzlies oust River Cats 11-6 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Suffer Worst Loss of Season - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nolin, Rainiers Even Series against Reno in Pitchers' Duel at Cheney - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hilliard Powers Isotopes to 13-1 Win over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Missions to Re-Air 2019 Home Opener as Part of #MiLBAtHomeOpener Initiative
- Preliminary Promotional Schedule Unveiled for Missions' 2020 Season
- Missions and IHeartMedia Announce 93.3 the Bull as New Flagship Station
- Unveiling a Bygone Era of Missions History
- Declaring a National Puffy Taco Day