Bees Make Comeback in Vegas
Jared Walsh blasted a three run homer in the ninth inning to help the Salt Lake Bees to a come from behind 10-7 win over the Las Vegas Aviators on Friday night. Las Vegas grabbed a 7-6 lead with an unearned run in the seventh, but the Bees scored four in the ninth for the win.
Nick Franklin singled and Roberto Pena walked to put runners at first and second, but Taylor Ward grounded into a double play to leave a runner at third with two out. Jose Rojas walked to extend the inning, but Salt Lake was down to its last strike when Jared Walsh ripped an 0-2 pitch from Ryan Dull over the right field wall to give the Bees a 9-7 lead. They would add one more run on back to back doubles by Michael Hermosillo and Brennon Lund.
Luke Bard (2-3) pitched a scoreless two innings, including a three up, three down ninth, with two strikeouts and no walks to earn the win. Parker Bridwell entered in the fourth inning and went three and one-third innings and allowed just one unearned run with four strikeouts and one walk. Walsh led the Bees with a pair of homers, his 15th and 16th of the season, and five runs batted in. Rojas added three hits, including his 19th homer, and two runs batted, while Ward chipped in with two hits, including his 19th home run, and two RBI. It was the Bees' second win of the season in 41 games trailing going into the ninth and both have come in Las Vegas with the other on May 10th.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Isotopes Shut out for Eighth Time in 2019 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- San Antonio Outslugs Omaha 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Top Chasers 8-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Wisdom Hits Walk-Off Homer in Front of Sellout - Nashville Sounds
- Miller Nabs First Triple-A Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Beat 'Cakes with Ninth Inning Homerun - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Topple Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Cubs Serve Express Harsh 11-5 Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-52) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (50-42) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Reno Aces Game Notes - July 13 at Tacoma - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (36-56) vs Oklahoma City Dodgers (40-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- Bees Rally Late, Sting Aviators 10-7 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Make Comeback in Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats stumble as series evens with Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Read drives in five as Grizzlies oust River Cats 11-6 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Suffer Worst Loss of Season - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nolin, Rainiers Even Series against Reno in Pitchers' Duel at Cheney - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hilliard Powers Isotopes to 13-1 Win over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ