Reno Aces Game Notes - July 13 at Tacoma
Tonight's Game: Following a tough 2-1 loss last night, the Aces send right-hander Taylor Widener to the mound in game three of the four-game series to take on southpaw Anthony Misiewicz. Widener is making his team-leading 19th start of the season and comes in with 93 strikeouts. Reno is 8-13 in game three of series this season and is 97-57 overall against Tacoma since 2009.
Hat Trick: On this date in 2012, Zach Greinke became the first pitcher to start three consecutive games in the same season since Red Faber turned the hat trick with the White Sox in 1917. Greinke was ejected after throwing just four pitches (three strikes) on July 7 against Houston. On July 8, he started again for the Brewers and went three innings on the day before the All-Star break. The righty started the first game following the break on July 13, 2012 against Pittsburgh.
Soccer: Reno 1868 FC topped Club America's U20 team last night at Greater Nevada Field, winning 3-2 in the international friendly. The team will continue USL play on Wednesday in Oklahoma City. Sam Gleadle, fresh off a two-goal performance last week, scored in the 25th minute to give Reno the early edge. Club America bounced back quickly, scoring in the 30th and 35th minute to take a 2-1 lead. Reno would find the net twice in the 68th and 69th minutes to secure the 3-2 win. Marky Hernandez recorded the first goal, while Aidan Apodaca scored the second.
Angels in the Outfield: The Los Angeles Angels scored seven first-inning runs Friday night. They finished with 13. Tyler Skaggs' birthday is on the 13th day of the seventh month, which just so happens to be Saturday. The Angels honored Skaggs with an emotional ceremony before their first home game since his sudden death on July 1. They honored him by donning his No. 45 jersey. They honored him by inviting his mother, Debbie Hetman, onto the field for the ceremonial first pitch. And they honored him, improbably, with a combined no-hitter, delivered by Taylor Cole and Felix Pena in a 13-0 trouncing of the Seattle Mariners at Angel Stadium. Skaggs made nine starts with Reno in 2012 and 19 total appearances in 2013.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Isotopes Shut out for Eighth Time in 2019 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- San Antonio Outslugs Omaha 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Top Chasers 8-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Wisdom Hits Walk-Off Homer in Front of Sellout - Nashville Sounds
- Miller Nabs First Triple-A Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Beat 'Cakes with Ninth Inning Homerun - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Topple Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Cubs Serve Express Harsh 11-5 Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-52) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (50-42) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Reno Aces Game Notes - July 13 at Tacoma - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (36-56) vs Oklahoma City Dodgers (40-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- Bees Rally Late, Sting Aviators 10-7 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Make Comeback in Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats stumble as series evens with Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Read drives in five as Grizzlies oust River Cats 11-6 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Suffer Worst Loss of Season - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nolin, Rainiers Even Series against Reno in Pitchers' Duel at Cheney - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hilliard Powers Isotopes to 13-1 Win over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Reno Aces Stories
- 2020 Minor League Baseball Season Canceled
- Reno Aces, Reno 1868 FC Share Support of Greater Nevada Credit Union
- Aces and 1868 FC Corporate Partners Offer Business and Job Opportunities
- 4.9.20 Reno Aces Release City Pride On-Field "BLC" Cap
- Greater Nevada Field to Host Food Bank of Northern Nevada