Sounds Beat 'Cakes with Ninth Inning Homerun
Nashville - Patrick Wisdom hammered a two out game winning home run in the ninth inning to give the Nashville Sounds their first walk-off win of the season. The Sounds defeat New Orleans 3-2 to take a two games to one lead in the four game series.
New Orleans took an early 1-0 lead in the first with a single from Magneuris Sierra followed by a double from Eddy Alvarez. Austin Dean homered for the second consecutive day in the sixth inning and New Orleans took a 2-0 lead.
The sounds used a pair of solo home runs to tie the game. Scott Heineman drilled a line drive over the left field wall to make it 2-1 and two batters later Matt Davidson tied the game with a solo shot.
The third home run of the game was the Wisdom walk-off shot in the ninth. David Carpenter earned the win pitching one scoreless inning.
The 'Cakes are 50-43 on the season 7 games back of first place San Antonio.
GAME NOTES- New Orleans offense struck-out 14 times in the game, second consecutive day and the fourth time this season matching a season high. Brian Moran suffered the loss, by allowing a run it snapped a string of 14 consecutive innings without allowing a run. The walk-off defeat is the fifth of the season for New Orleans.
UPCOMING - The 'Cakes continue the four game series at 6:15pm on Sunday. RADIO- WODT SPORTS 1280 AM or cakesbaseball.com
NEXT HOME GAME - The 'Cakes return home Friday, July 19th to play Round Rock in a three-game home-stand.
July 13, 2019
New Orleans 2
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Isotopes Shut out for Eighth Time in 2019 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- San Antonio Outslugs Omaha 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Top Chasers 8-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Wisdom Hits Walk-Off Homer in Front of Sellout - Nashville Sounds
- Miller Nabs First Triple-A Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Beat 'Cakes with Ninth Inning Homerun - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Topple Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Cubs Serve Express Harsh 11-5 Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-52) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (50-42) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Reno Aces Game Notes - July 13 at Tacoma - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (36-56) vs Oklahoma City Dodgers (40-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- Bees Rally Late, Sting Aviators 10-7 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Make Comeback in Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats stumble as series evens with Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Read drives in five as Grizzlies oust River Cats 11-6 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Suffer Worst Loss of Season - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nolin, Rainiers Even Series against Reno in Pitchers' Duel at Cheney - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hilliard Powers Isotopes to 13-1 Win over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.