Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-52) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (50-42)
Game #92: Nashville Sounds (39-52) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (50-42)
Pitching Matchup: RHP Tim Dillard (5-8, 5.73) vs. RHP Cody Poteet (0-0, 5.73)
First Pitch: 7:05 CST
Radio: 97.5 FM
TV: MiLB TV
At the Park
Gates open at 6:00 p.m.
Enjoy Saturday at the Park with visits to The Band Box and our Family Fun Zone in the right field corner.
From the Notes
Tim Dillard: 35-year-old Tim Dillard starts for the Sounds tonight. The right-hander is 5-8 with a 5.78 ERA in 23 games (12 starts) in 2019. He last pitched on July 6 in a start against Omaha and allowed 10 runs on 13 hits in 6.0 innings. 8 of the 10 runs he allowed came in the 1st inning. He was charged with the loss in Nashville's 11-3 setback. In his last two outings, he has allowed 21 earned runs and his ERA has jumped from 4.18 to 5.78. Dillard is the Nashville Sounds all-time leader in innings pitched (647.0), wins (44), strikeouts (383), runs allowed (373), home runs allowed (56) and walks (221) and is currently second all-time in games (232). In his career, Dillard has pitched in 73 big league games and 501 minor league games. He signed a minor-league free agent contract with the Texas Rangers on December 21, 2018.
Red-Hot Heineman: Outfielder Scott Heineman has reached base safely in 18 consecutive games. During the streak, Heineman is hitting .441 (30-for-68) with 18 runs scored, 4 doubles, 2 triples, 3 home runs, 11 RBI and 12 walks. Heineman's on-base percentage during the streak is .524. His streak is currently ranked the 2nd longest on-base streak among active PCL hitters, trailing Kristopher Negrón of Tacoma who is at 19. Since Heineman rejoined Nashville on June 25, he is among Pacific Coast League leaders in average (1st, .480), OPS (2nd, .1.378), on-base percentage (3rd, .578), runs (T5th, 15), total bases (T6th, 40) and walks (T6th, 12).
Over 200 Multi-Hit Games: Andy Ibáñez, Scott Heineman and Christian Lopes had multi-hit games for the Sounds last night to push the collective multi-hit total to 201 games this season. Zack Granite leads the team with 28, followed by Ibáñez (25) and Carlos Tocci (21).
The Six: Starter Wes Benjamin tossed 6 innings last night (6 IP, 3 H, 2 R, 2 ER, 2 BB, 7 K) to notch the 18th time a Sounds starter has gone at least 6 frames. However, Benjamin's performance of at least 6 innings was only the 2nd for Nashville in the club's last 15 games. The other 6-inning performance was by Tim Dillard in his last start on July 6 in which he allowed 8 runs in the 1st inning. The Sounds are now 7-11 when their starter goes at least 6 frames.
Two Rare Occurrences: Last night was a rare occurrence in two instances. It marks only the third time Nashville has lost this year when leading after 7 innings (now 30-3) and only the 9th time when out-hitting the opponent (now 24-9).
14 Punchouts: Nashville pitchers matched a season-high with 14 strikeouts last night. Wes Benjamin notched 7 strikeouts in 6 innings and the bullpen collected 7 in 3 innings. It was the 4th time this year the staff has recorded 14 strikeouts in a game (July 1 vs. Oklahoma City, May 24 vs. Memphis, April 4 vs. Iowa).
What's the word around Nashville?
FOX Sports Southwest (@CaleDodds)
In the latest Rangers Insider, our own @ImErinHartigan got the chance to take an in-depth tour of First Tennessee Park, the home of the @nashvillesounds Spoiler alert: it's really cool. @Rangers | #TogetherWe
FOX Sports Southwest (@Scott_Couch)
The Music City is the newest home of the @Rangers Triple-A affiliate. And while the @nashvillesounds haven't even gotten through their first full season, they are already fitting in with the Nashville crowd #TogetherWe
John Blake (@RangerBlake)
The Rangers have acquired 2B Nick Solak from Tampa Bay in exchange for RHP Pete Fairbanks. Solak has been assigned to Nashville roster. Texas' major league roster now at 39.
MLB Pipeline (@MLBPipeline)
#Rangers acquire 2B/OF Nick Solak from #Rays in exchange for RHP Peter Fairbanks. Here's the scouting report on Solak, who is No. 12 on the @RaysBaseball Top 30 Prospects list & No. 9 on #MLB's Top 10 2B list: atmlb.com/2SB1IHB
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Isotopes Shut out for Eighth Time in 2019 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- San Antonio Outslugs Omaha 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Top Chasers 8-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Wisdom Hits Walk-Off Homer in Front of Sellout - Nashville Sounds
- Miller Nabs First Triple-A Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Beat 'Cakes with Ninth Inning Homerun - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Topple Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Cubs Serve Express Harsh 11-5 Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-52) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (50-42) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Reno Aces Game Notes - July 13 at Tacoma - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (36-56) vs Oklahoma City Dodgers (40-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- Bees Rally Late, Sting Aviators 10-7 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Make Comeback in Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats stumble as series evens with Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Read drives in five as Grizzlies oust River Cats 11-6 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Suffer Worst Loss of Season - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nolin, Rainiers Even Series against Reno in Pitchers' Duel at Cheney - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hilliard Powers Isotopes to 13-1 Win over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Nashville Sounds Stories
- Booster's Kids Club & Silver Sounds Club Return in 2020
- Centerplate to Host Job Fair at First Horizon Park
- Sounds Announce 2020 Promotions Schedule
- Sounds Announce Weekly Promotions for 2020 Season
- Defending National Champion Commodores Set to Play Two Games at First Horizon Park