Missions Top Chasers 8-2
Storm Chasers shortstop Humberto Arteaga clubbed three hits and designated hitter Ryan O'Hearn extended his hit streak to nine, however Missions designated hitter Blake Allemand and first baseman Travis Shaw combined to drive in five runs in support of starting pitcher Thomas Jankins' seven strong innings in San Antonio's 8-2 win over Omaha on Saturday night at Wolff Stadium.
The Missions once again struck in the opening frame for the second straight evening, with Shaw helping contribute to the two-run inning via an RBI single to left. 3B Lucas Erceg 's solo homer in the next frame extended the margin to three before Shaw's run-scoring knock capped a two-run fifth to up San Antonio's advantage to 5-0.
O'Hearn would later end the Missions' shutout hopes with an RBI double to left in the sixth. 3B Erick Mejia then narrowed the Storm Chasers' deficit to 5-2 in the eighth, yet San Antonio would have an answer and put an exclamation mark on the offense in the last of the eighth when Allemand mashed a three-run shot to left.
Arteaga (3-4, R, 2B) paced all batters with his three hits, with O'Hearn (2-4, 2B, RBI) and 2B Jecksson Flores (2-4) adding multi-hit efforts for Omaha. Shaw (2-4, 2 RBI, BB) and CF Trent Grisham (2-5, 2 R), meanwhile, led San Antonio's order with two knocks each.
Jankins (7.0 IP, 8 H, R, ER, 0 BB, 7 K) earned his ninth victory with a quality outing, scattering eight hits in his seven innings pitched. Omaha southpaw starter Eric Skoglund (4.1 IP, 8 H, 5 R, 5 ER, 2 BB, 5 K) suffered the defeat.
The two teams are set to complete their four-game series on Sunday evening at Wolff Stadium. First pitch is scheduled for 6:05pm CT.
Following that contest, the Storm Chasers are set to return to Werner Park on Monday, July 15 to start a seven-game homestand with the New Orleans Baby Cakes and Memphis Redbirds. The homestand opener is set to start on July 15 at 7:05pm CT.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Isotopes Shut out for Eighth Time in 2019 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- San Antonio Outslugs Omaha 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Top Chasers 8-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Wisdom Hits Walk-Off Homer in Front of Sellout - Nashville Sounds
- Miller Nabs First Triple-A Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Beat 'Cakes with Ninth Inning Homerun - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Topple Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Cubs Serve Express Harsh 11-5 Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-52) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (50-42) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Reno Aces Game Notes - July 13 at Tacoma - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (36-56) vs Oklahoma City Dodgers (40-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- Bees Rally Late, Sting Aviators 10-7 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Make Comeback in Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats stumble as series evens with Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Read drives in five as Grizzlies oust River Cats 11-6 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Suffer Worst Loss of Season - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nolin, Rainiers Even Series against Reno in Pitchers' Duel at Cheney - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hilliard Powers Isotopes to 13-1 Win over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- 3 Chasers Players Named to USA Baseball's Premier12 Roster
- 13 Omaha Alums Chasing World Series Ring
- Mejia, Machado Earn Omaha Player & Pitcher of the Year Honors
- "50 Summers" Selected for 14th Annual Baseball Film Festival at National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum
- Chasers, USL Omaha Announce Addition of Ryan Querry as Chief Revenue Officer