Nolin, Rainiers Even Series against Reno in Pitchers' Duel at Cheney
Tacoma, WA - Reigning PCL Pitcher of the Week Sean Nolin defended his title on Friday night at Cheney Stadium when he tossed six innings of one-run baseball as the Tacoma Rainiers defeated the Reno Aces, 2-1.
Nolin let up the first run of the game as Reno (40-51) outfielder Travis Snider homered to right field in the top of the fourth. In the home half of the same inning, Ryan Court launched a solo blast to right center field that knotted the score, 1-1. The homer was Court's second in as many nights out of the All-Star break.
The Rainiers scored the game-winning run in the bottom of the seventh when Kelby Tomlinson and John Andreoli laced back-to-back doubles, giving Tacoma its only lead of the night.
Sam Tuivailala (1-0) earned his first win since having his rehab assignment transferred to Tacoma from Double-A Arkansas on Friday. The right-hander tossed a scoreless seventh inning with a pair of strikeouts. Reggie McClain earned his second save when he went six-up, six-down in the final two innings, closing out the game for Tacoma.
Infielder Tim Lopes went 2-for-3 with his team-best 28th double. The 25-year-old also stole his 23rd base of the campaign, trailing only teammate Ian Miller (24) for the league lead.
The Rainiers will look for their second-straight against the Aces at Cheney Stadium on a Silver Bullet Saturday, presented by Coors Light. First pitch is at 7:05 p.m. PDT as southpaw Anthony Misiewicz (3-5, 6.80) takes the mound to face Reno right-hander Taylor Widener (6-4, 7.78). Mike Curto will have full coverage of on South Sound Talk 850 with audio streaming available on the Tacoma Rainiers TuneIn Radio Network.
All tickets, group outings, and suites packages for the 2019 season are available for purchase in person at the Cheney Stadium Box Office, online at TacomaRainiers.com and WeRTacoma.com, or over the phone at (253) 752-7707. The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), Instagram (tacomarainiers) or liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
Tacoma Rainiers pitcher Sean Nolin
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Isotopes Shut out for Eighth Time in 2019 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- San Antonio Outslugs Omaha 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Top Chasers 8-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Wisdom Hits Walk-Off Homer in Front of Sellout - Nashville Sounds
- Miller Nabs First Triple-A Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Beat 'Cakes with Ninth Inning Homerun - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Topple Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Cubs Serve Express Harsh 11-5 Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-52) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (50-42) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Reno Aces Game Notes - July 13 at Tacoma - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (36-56) vs Oklahoma City Dodgers (40-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- Bees Rally Late, Sting Aviators 10-7 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Make Comeback in Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats stumble as series evens with Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Read drives in five as Grizzlies oust River Cats 11-6 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Suffer Worst Loss of Season - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nolin, Rainiers Even Series against Reno in Pitchers' Duel at Cheney - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hilliard Powers Isotopes to 13-1 Win over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Rainiers Among Minor League Baseball's Top-25 in Merchandise Sales for Fifth-Straight Year
- Rainiers Giving Tacoma a Taste of Baseball with "Cheneyville Grab N' Go" Drive-Thru
- Seattle Mariners to Utilize Cheney Stadium for "Taxi Squad" Practices, Simulated Games Beginning July 27
- Tacoma Rainiers Statement Regarding Cancelation of 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Tacoma Rainiers Hosting Virtual Watch Party for Annual 3rd of July Fireworks Show