Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Omaha Storm Chasers
San Antonio Missions (56-36) vs. Omaha Storm Chasers (42-50)
Game #93/Home Game #48
Saturday July 13, 7:05 p.m.
Nelson Wolff Stadium
MiLB.tv / KONO 860 AM
RHP Thomas Jankins (8-2, 3.58) vs. LHP Eric Skoglund (1-1, 6.26)
Home Sweet Hager: Missions infielder Jake Hager has been one of the best hitters at home so far during the 2019 campaign. After going 2-for-3 in last night's victory, Hager's home batting average increased to .304, compared to his road batting average of just .200. In 39 games at home, Hager has hit seven of his eight doubles, four of his eight home runs, and driven in 13 of his 26 runs. His on-base percentage at home is now .368 compared to .273 on the road and his OPS in .859 at home compared to .643 on the road. For Missions players with at least 30 at-bats at home, Hager is currently sixth on the team in home batting average.
Victorious Perdomo: After relieving Missions starter Aaron Wilkerson, Angel Perdomo claimed his first career Triple-A victory. He pitched 2.1 innings without allowing a run, giving up two hits and striking out five batters. He improved his record to 1-0 since joining the Missions. His win marks his third of 2019 after collecting two with Double-A Biloxi and it is his first win since March 23. Since joining the Missions, Perdomo has been one of the team's most reliable options. He currently leads all Missions relievers with 56 strikeouts. His 23 appearances places him fifth among Missions relievers in that category.
They Got Five on It: In last night's slugfest, the Missions provided most of their firepower in the second inning when they plated five runs. This was the seventh time this season that the Missions have scored exactly five runs and the second consecutive night they have scored that many runs in an inning. Out of the seven times they have done this, it has happened three times against Omaha with the other time occurring on June 2.
WHAT THEY'RE SAYING
San Antonio Missions Baseball Club (@missionsmilb)
Check out @NateOrf4 's terrific diving stop from last night's game in this week's @GreatClips Clip of the week!
Tom Carlson (@tinyhockey)
@AmputeesUSA @missionsmilb Take Me Out To The Ball Game Come catch a game at the Wolff during your stay in San Antonio! for the Amputee National Conference - Grab tickets for July 23rd, 24th, or 25th @ 7:05pm - For tickets call JJ Jimenez 210-554-1509 SA Missions vs Iowa Cubs
RHP Jay Jackson selected by Milwaukee
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Isotopes Shut out for Eighth Time in 2019 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- San Antonio Outslugs Omaha 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Top Chasers 8-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Wisdom Hits Walk-Off Homer in Front of Sellout - Nashville Sounds
- Miller Nabs First Triple-A Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Beat 'Cakes with Ninth Inning Homerun - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Topple Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Cubs Serve Express Harsh 11-5 Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-52) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (50-42) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Reno Aces Game Notes - July 13 at Tacoma - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (36-56) vs Oklahoma City Dodgers (40-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- Bees Rally Late, Sting Aviators 10-7 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Make Comeback in Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats stumble as series evens with Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Read drives in five as Grizzlies oust River Cats 11-6 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Suffer Worst Loss of Season - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nolin, Rainiers Even Series against Reno in Pitchers' Duel at Cheney - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hilliard Powers Isotopes to 13-1 Win over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent San Antonio Missions Stories
- Preliminary Promotional Schedule Unveiled for Missions' 2020 Season
- Missions and IHeartMedia Announce 93.3 the Bull as New Flagship Station
- Unveiling a Bygone Era of Missions History
- Declaring a National Puffy Taco Day
- Missions to Transform into Puffy Tacos for Three Games in May