Hilliard Powers Isotopes to 13-1 Win over El Paso
Isotopes 13 (39-53), Chihuahuas 1 (56-35) - Southwest University Park, El Paso, Texas
HAMMERIN' HILLIARD: Sam Hilliard went 3-for-5 with three runs scored, two home runs, one double, a walk and a career-high six RBI ... The center fielder's first long ball was a grand slam in the second inning while his second was a two-run shot in the eighth ... The multi-homer game was the fourth of his five-year professional career and his first since Sept. 4, 2017 with High-A Lancaster ... Hilliard now has 26 home runs this season and has homered six times in his past eight games.
AT THE DISH: The Isotopes seized the lead in the second inning with seven runs in the frame ... Drew Weeks compiled two hits in an inning for the second straight day with a single and a double in the top of the second ... Albuquerque collected 16 hits on Friday with six players recording multi-hit performances ... Hilliard, Elliot Soto and Josh Fuentes led the team with three hits apiece.
TOEING THE RUBBER: Starting pitcher Jeff Hoffman earned his fifth win of the year. The right-hander limited the Chihuahuas to one run and five hits in 5.0 innings. Hoffman did not issue a walk while also striking out seven batters ... Harrison Musgrave, James Pazos and Ben Bowden combined for 4.0 scoreless innings out of the bullpen to end the night.
TOPES TIDBITS: The Isotopes have won four of their last six games ... Albuquerque has hit seven grand slams this season including two over the last two games. The Isotopes are two grand slams away from matching the single-season record of nine established in 2004 ... Albuquerque has a 7-4 record against El Paso in 2019.
ON DECK: Saturday - Albuquerque Isotopes at El Paso Chihuahuas, 7:05 p.m. MT - Southwest University park
PROBABLES: Isotopes: RHP Rico Garcia (0-1, 7.20), Chihuahuas: LHP Dillon Overton (3-4, 7.59)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from July 13, 2019
- Isotopes Shut out for Eighth Time in 2019 - Albuquerque Isotopes
- San Antonio Outslugs Omaha 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Missions Top Chasers 8-2 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Wisdom Hits Walk-Off Homer in Front of Sellout - Nashville Sounds
- Miller Nabs First Triple-A Victory - Iowa Cubs
- Sounds Beat 'Cakes with Ninth Inning Homerun - New Orleans Baby Cakes
- Missions Topple Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Cubs Serve Express Harsh 11-5 Defeat - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (39-52) vs. New Orleans Baby Cakes (50-42) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions vs. Omaha Storm Chasers - San Antonio Missions
- Reno Aces Game Notes - July 13 at Tacoma - Reno Aces
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - July 13, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (36-56) vs Oklahoma City Dodgers (40-51) - Memphis Redbirds
- Bees Rally Late, Sting Aviators 10-7 - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Make Comeback in Vegas - Salt Lake Bees
- River Cats stumble as series evens with Grizzlies - Sacramento River Cats
- Read drives in five as Grizzlies oust River Cats 11-6 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Suffer Worst Loss of Season - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Nolin, Rainiers Even Series against Reno in Pitchers' Duel at Cheney - Tacoma Rainiers
- Hilliard Powers Isotopes to 13-1 Win over El Paso - Albuquerque Isotopes
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.