Mavs Game Preview January 2
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks faceoff against the Tulsa Oilers tonight at 7:05 p.m. at Cable Dahmer Arena.
Watch Live: https://www.flohockey.tv/
Listen Live: https://www.kcmavericks.com/en/multimedia/multimedia-back-pages/listen-live
After three games, two of which were beyond 60 minutes, the Mavericks ended 2020 with their first win of the season Thursday night with a final score of 4-1 over the Tulsa Oilers.
The Mavericks are the least penalized team in the ECHL with 9.75 penalty minutes per game with a total of 39 penalty minutes in four games.
Mavericks goalie Andrew Shortridge is ranked number two among goalies with a .953 save percentage and 1.52 goals against average.
Five for Gio
Forward Giorgio Estephan leads the Mavericks with five points on two goals and three assists in four games.
250 for CJ
Mavericks forward C.J. Eick played in his 250th career ECHL game Thursday night.
Mavericks newcomers have made a big impact already, combining for eight goals and twelve assists in the Mavericks first four games.
Mavericks rookie forward Brendan Robbins scored his first ECHL goal last Saturday night.
Hitting the Road
The Mavericks will hit the road for two and a half weeks after Tuesday's game vs. Wichita. The Mavs head to Southeastern Kansas first to face the Wichita Thunder for three games next Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and then head to Utah to faceoff against the Grizzlies on January 15, 16, and 18. The Mavs head back to Wichita to take on the Thunder on January 21 before returning home to face the Allen Americans on January 23.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 2, 2021
- Connolly Scores Twice, Swamp Rabbits Win over Rays 3-1 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Americans Rally Late, Beat Wichita in Overtime - Allen Americans
- Mavericks Fight Hard in Third Period, Lose 4-3 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Oilers Start 2021 with a Bang, Defeat Kansas City 4-3 - Tulsa Oilers
- Solar Bears win streak snapped in 3-0 road loss to Everblades - Orlando Solar Bears
- Rays Outlast IceMen for First Win of 2021 - South Carolina Stingrays
- Robert's Hat Trick Helps Nailers Earn a Point in Indy - Wheeling Nailers
- Blades Get Back at Bears - Florida Everblades
- Indy Defeats Wheeling with Dramatic Overtime Winner - Indy Fuel
- Solar Bears Sign Alan Lyszczarczyk - Orlando Solar Bears
- Mavs Game Preview January 2 - Kansas City Mavericks
- ECHL Transactions - January 2 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Preview: Rapid City at Utah. 7:10 PM Face-Off - Utah Grizzlies
- Game Preview: Stingrays at IceMen, January 2, 2021 - Jacksonville Icemen
- Americans Look for Series Win Tonight in Wichita - Allen Americans
- Game Preview: Stingrays at IceMen, January 2 at 7 PM - South Carolina Stingrays
- Blades Look to Start off 2021 with a Win - Florida Everblades
- Utah Strikes Late on Power Play to Spoil New Year's Day for Rush - Rapid City Rush
- Grizzlies Win 4-3 in New Year's Thriller - Utah Grizzlies
- Americans Rebound, Beat Wichita 5-1 - Allen Americans
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Kansas City Mavericks Name Riley Weselowski Assistant Coach and Josh Robinson Goaltending Coach and Video Coordinator
- NHL Preseason Game Ticket Information
- Flames, Heat Extend Affiliation with Kansas City Mavericks
- Kansas City Mavericks Name Head Coach Tad O'Had as General Manager
- Kansas City Mavericks Announce Protected List