Mavericks Collect 4,717 Stuffed Toys from Annual Teddy Bear Toss
INDEPENDENCE, Mo. - The Kansas City Mavericks announced 4,717 as the total number of toys and stuffed animals donated during their annual Teddy Bear Toss event held last Saturday during the Mavericks 5-1 win over the Fort Wayne Komets.
Mavs forward David Dziurzynski's goal five minutes into the first period triggered the Teddy Bear Toss and sent the bears flying. The Mavericks will now begin to distribute the bears to HCA Midwest child life services and various organizations around the Kansas City metro.
Here is the full list of beneficiaries from the Teddy Bear Toss:
-HCA Midwest Pediatrics and Child Life
-Women's Community Y
-The Salvation Army Kansas Western Missouri Division
-Friends of Special People
-Catholic Charities of Kansas City St. Joe
-Answering the Call
The Mavericks now head south for three games in the Sunshine State over the next week, first against the Florida Everblades on Friday and Saturday at Hertz Arena in Estero, Florida then travelling to Orlando, Florida to face the Orlando Solar Bears at Amway Center on Wednesday, December 18. The Mavs then return home on Friday, December 20 to face the Utah Grizzlies at 7:05 p.m. at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from December 12, 2019
- IceMen & Mayor Curry Announce Details for Guns 'n Hoses Game - Jacksonville Icemen
- Walleye Comeback Bid Falls Short in OT Loss to Fuel - Toledo Walleye
- Indy Defeats Toledo with Dramatic Overtime Win - Indy Fuel
- Whalers-Generals Kick off Triple Header at Norfolk Scope on Jan 25th - Norfolk Admirals
- Tucson Calls up Klima and Hancock - Rapid City Rush
- Teddy Bear Toss Presented by Synovus Set for this Saturday - Florida Everblades
- ECHL Transactions - December 12 - ECHL
- Grizzlies Acquire Goaltender Martin Ouellette in Trade - Utah Grizzlies
- Teddy Bear Toss Highlights Home Weekend for Stingrays - South Carolina Stingrays
- Walleye Introduce Spike's Reading Club - Toledo Walleye
- Mavericks Collect 4,717 Stuffed Toys from Annual Teddy Bear Toss - Kansas City Mavericks
- Canucks Reassign Pope to Utica - Kalamazoo Wings
- Steelheads Set New Teddy Bear Toss Record, Donate 8,088 Toys - Idaho Steelheads
- Time Change Announced for December Game - Atlanta Gladiators
- ECHL Goals Leader Cuddemi Earns PTO with Laval - Reading Royals
- Grizz Get Standings Point in 4-3 OT Loss - Utah Grizzlies
- Nailers Hold off Late Rush Rally - Rapid City Rush
- Steelheads Fall 4-2 to Komets in Spirited First Franchise Meeting - Idaho Steelheads
- Saracino's Late Goal Wins Road Trip Opener - Wheeling Nailers
- Growlers Take Overtime Victory in Utah - Newfoundland Growlers
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Kansas City Mavericks Stories
- Kansas City Mavericks Name Riley Weselowski Assistant Coach and Josh Robinson Goaltending Coach and Video Coordinator
- NHL Preseason Game Ticket Information
- Flames, Heat Extend Affiliation with Kansas City Mavericks
- Kansas City Mavericks Name Head Coach Tad O'Had as General Manager
- Kansas City Mavericks Announce Protected List