Mavericks Announce Return of CJ Ludwig and Multiple Player Transactions
INDEPENDENCE, MISSOURI - The Missouri Mavericks announced multiple player transactions on Thursday afternoon, including the return of defenseman CJ Ludwig from the Bridgeport Sound Tigers (AHL), the acquisition of left wing Darian Dziurzynski, and the loan of Kellen Jones to the Utica Comets of the American Hockey League.
Ludwig was called-up to the Bridgeport Sound Tigers-the Mavericks AHL affiliate, on Feb. 25th. He will return to Missouri for their Friday night contest against the Wichita Thunder at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena, wearing his familiar number twenty-four.
The Mavs acquired left winger Darian Dziurzynski from the Greenville Swamp Rabbits in exchange for future considerations. Through 35 games with the Swamp Rabbits, the 6'1", 205lb Lloydminster, Alberta native tallied 12 goals and 11 assists. Dziurzynski also made 3 appearances for the Binghamton Senators (AHL) this season.
Kellen Jones, who recently returned to the Mavericks from the Bakersfield Condors (AHL), has been signed to a professional tryout (PTO) by the Utica Comets of the American Hockey League.
The Mavericks play their next game at home on Friday, Mar. 4 against the Wichita Thunder. Puck drop is scheduled for 7:05p.m. at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena.
Family 4-Packs are available for Friday night! Fans can purchase 4 tickets, 4 hot dogs, 4 Pepsi products, and 1 Red Robin appetizer-starting at just $84!
Tickets for all Missouri Mavericks home games are available online at TicketMaster.com and in-person at the arena box office.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 3, 2016
- Admirals Strike Down Thunder at Home - Norfolk Admirals
- Monarchs Sign Harlow, Get Carr Back from Providence - Manchester Monarchs
- ECHL Transactions - March 3 - ECHL
- Rush for Ca$h Set for Friday - Rapid City Rush
- Thunder Tabs Former NHL Exec as VP of Ticket Sales - Wichita Thunder
- Mavericks Announce Return of CJ Ludwig and Multiple Player Transactions - Kansas City Mavericks
- Nailers Receive Pittsburgh Acquisitions O'Donoghue & Melindy - Wheeling Nailers
- Swamp Rabbits Acquire Alain Valiquette from Elmira - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Jackals Receive Defenseman Matt Prapavessis from Rochester - Elmira Jackals
- 'We Are Kalamazoo' Game to Feature over Sixty Silent Auction Items - Kalamazoo Wings
- Martin Reassigned to Solar Bears, Faille Recalled to Marlies - Orlando Solar Bears
- Weekend Preview: IceMen Start March with Three Home Games - Evansville IceMen
- Craft Beer Night on Tap for Saturday, April 2 - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Bonis Returns to Walleye - Toledo Walleye
- Aces Acquire Forward Janick Asselin from Norfolk - Alaska Aces
- Asselin Traded to Alaska, Betker Recalled - Norfolk Admirals
- Ellis Becomes 56th Former Nailer to Reach NHL - Wheeling Nailers
- Gameday: Adirondack at Norfolk - Adirondack Thunder
- Mac Carruth Reassigned to Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Cederholm Named ECHL's 'Plus' Performer of the Month - Kalamazoo Wings
- Kalamazoo's Cederholm Named AMI Graphics ECHL Plus Performer of the Month - ECHL
- ECHL Today - March 3 - ECHL
- That's Dahl, Folks: Jefferson Dahl's OT winner downs Aces - Idaho Steelheads
- Steelheads Beat Aces 4-3 in Overtime - Alaska Aces
- Lazaruk Stops 30 Shots as Eagles Win Fifth Straight - Colorado Eagles
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.