Mavericks Acquire Gabreil Levesque from Condors
INDEPENDENCE, MO (Friday, March 6)- The Missouri Mavericks announced Friday afternoon that they have acquired forward Gabriel Levesque from the Bakersfield Condors in exchange for future considerations.
The twenty-four year old Montreal, Quebec native joins the Mavs after seventeen games with the Bakersfield Condors (ECHL) this season as well as time spent with the South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL). He will wear number sixteen for the Mavericks.
"Levesque is a kid who can shoot, skate, and score," said Matvichuk of the newest addition to Missouri's roster. "He is going to add some depth to our power play, and we are excited to see him on the ice in our lineup."
Levesque played for the Quad City Mallards during their 2013-14 run in the former Central Hockey League (CHL), recording 20 goals, 18 assists, and 22 penalty minutes through 59 games.
The Mavericks play their next game at home this evening at 7:05pm (CST) when they host the Rapid City Rush at Independence Events Center. Missouri will wear specialty "Military Appreciation" themed jerseys during the game, which will be auctioned off directly after the game in Sections 101 and 102, benefitting Folds of Honor.
Single game tickets are available for purchase online at TicketMaster.com or in-person at the Silverstein Eye Centers box office at Independence Events Center.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from March 6, 2015
- Grizzlies Outlast Ontario 1-0 in Overtime on 36 Bobkov Saves - Utah Grizzlies
- Idaho Picks up Team-Record Eighth Consecutive Win - Idaho Steelheads
- Reign Earn Point in Tight 1-0 OT Loss to Grizzlies - Ontario Reign
- Combs Scores His 24th of the Year in Loss - Stockton Thunder
- Mavericks Fall Short 3-2 in Shootout against Rush - Missouri Takes 1 - Kansas City Mavericks
- Komets blank K-Wings - Kalamazoo Wings
- Eagles, Crandall Shut Out Condors, 4-0 - Colorado Eagles
- Rush Edge Mavericks In Shootout - Rapid City Rush
- Down Three, IceMen Rally for a Point in a Thrilling Shootout - Evansville IceMen
- Crandall Stones Condors in Colorado - Bakersfield Condors
- Thunder Strike Down Beast in OT, 5-4 - Wichita Thunder
- Rush Win in Shootout - Rapid City Rush
- Fuel Hang on for Wild, 5-4 Shootout Win - Indy Fuel
- Americans Give Away Game in the Third, Fall 3-2 - Allen Americans
- Jackals Fall to Toledo in Frantic Finish, 3-2 - Elmira Jackals
- Thunder Storm Back to Beat Beast - Brampton Beast
- Baker Scores Late Winner as Mallards Rally Past Allen 3-2 - Quad City Mallards
- Comeback Efforts Fall Short in 5-4 Loss to Florida - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Gladiators Burned by Stingrays, 5-1 - Atlanta Gladiators
- Everblades Edge Road Warriors 5-4 to Open Road Trip - Florida Everblades
- Stingrays Set Team Record with 14th Consecutive Win - South Carolina Stingrays
- Wray to Have Jersey Retired - Rapid City Rush
- ECHL Transactions - March 6 - ECHL
- Netminder Gore Signed, Joins Team in Boise - Stockton Thunder
- Rush Cheer on Local Varsity Womenâ??s Team - Rapid City Rush
- Jackals Sign Forward Evan Haney - Elmira Jackals
- Cyclones Announce Inaugural Sock Toss to Benefit Military Personnel - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Countdown to Face-Off: 03/06 Kalamazoo Wings at Fort Wayne Komets - Kalamazoo Wings
- Mavericks Acquire Gabreil Levesque from Condors - Kansas City Mavericks
- IceHogs Reassign Wise to Fuel - Indy Fuel
- Rush to Retire Scott Wrayâ??s #17 - Rapid City Rush
- Allen Americans in the Community - Allen Americans
- Archibald Named Grand Vue Park Player of the Month - Wheeling Nailers
- Preview: True Blue Weekend Features Three Huge Games - Greenville Swamp Rabbits
- Game Preview - Ontario Reign at Utah Grizzlies - Ontario Reign
- Game Day Capsule: Wichita at Brampton - Wichita Thunder
- Thunder Take on Idaho at 6:10 p.m. PST - Stockton Thunder
- Gladiators Game Preview - Gladiators at Stingrays - Atlanta Gladiators
- Jackals Return Home to Host Toledo - Elmira Jackals
- Stingrays Game Preview: Stingrays Chase Record 14th Consecutive Win Tonight against Gladiators - South Carolina Stingrays
- ECHL Today - March 6 - ECHL
- Komet Hall-Of-Famer Terry Pembroke Passes - Fort Wayne Komets
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.