Marlies and Rampage Close out Back to Back Today at Coca-Cola Coliseum
The Toronto Marlies and San Antonio Rampage meet today for the second half of a back to back at Coca-Cola Coliseum.
Toronto took a 1-0 lead in the four-game regular season series yesterday, topping the Rampage 3-2. Kenny Agostino scored two goals in the contest while Teemu Kivihalme buried the game winner early in the third period. It was Agostino's third multi-goal game and his sixth multi-point game of the season. Agostino has nine goals in his last 10 games and is tied for fifth overall in goals (13). Jeremy Bracco registered the secondary assist on Agostino's first period goal and the primary assist on Agostino's second period goal in yesterday's game. These assists were Bracco's 100th and 101st career AHL assists. Bracco is fourth overall in the league in assists (18). The Marlies are now 8-2 in their past 10 games and 11-1 at home this season.
When asked about yesterday's game, A.J. MacLean commented "I don't think we really played a full complete game." "I think with a team like San Antonio, with how hard they work, they're going to have their time and they did. I thought our guys did a really good job holding the fort." Toronto was 1-for-1 on the penalty kill against San Antonio's second-ranked power play in the AHL (26.91% - 29/108), but went 0/4 on the power play. The Marlies will be looking to capitalize in those special teams situations today as they close out this weekend doubleheader.
Puck drops at 4:00 PM on Leafs Nation Network and the NHL Network. Fans across Canada can also catch the game on the go by tuning in to Marlies Livestream in the Official Maple Leafs App.
Head to Head (2019-20 Regular Season)
16-4-2-1 Overall Record 10-8-5-2
1-0-0-0 Head To Head 0-1-0-0
1-0-0-0 Streak 0-1-0-0
83 Goals For 76
63 Goals Against 71
21.0% Power Play Percentage 26.9%
78.4% Penalty Kill Percentage 81.9%
K. Agostino (13) Leading Goal Scorer M. Vecchione (14)
P. Aberg (24) Leading Points Scorer N. Walker (22)
K. Kaskisuo (9) Wins Leader V. Husso (8)
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2019
- Rampage Rally Falls Short in Loss to Marlies - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Lose in Overtime to Hershey, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Rally Past Penguins, Sweep Rivalry Weekend - Hershey Bears
- The Force Awakens with the IceHogs on Star Wars Night - Rockford IceHogs
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Lettieri's Pair Pace Wolf Pack in 4-1 Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Canes Recall Gauthier from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Marlies and Rampage Close out Back to Back Today at Coca-Cola Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Austin Poganski Assigned to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Assign Aquin, Vail to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- JC Beaudin Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 5 PM - Hershey Bears
- San Diego Trips up Eagles in Overtime, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Gulls Finish Rally in OT - San Diego Gulls
- Rally Finished in Shootout, a 5-4 Reign Win - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Earn Point in Shootout Loss at Ontario - San Jose Barracuda
- Hot Start Ushers Roadrunners To Win In Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rocket Overcome Two-Goal Deficit, Score Three Unanswered Goals in a 4-3 Victory over the T-Birds - Laval Rocket
- Heat Roll to 7-3 Victory over Bakersfield Saturday - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.