Heat Roll to 7-3 Victory over Bakersfield Saturday
STOCKTON, Calif. - Matthew Phillips and Glenn Gawdin each registered three points on the night and Luke Philp netted a pair of goals as the Stockton Heat overwhelmed Bakersfield by a 7-3 final Saturday night at Stockton Arena. The Heat jumped out to a 2-0 lead in the first period, scores from Philp and Buddy Robinson, the latter's team-leading 11th of the campaign. The Condors countered with two before the horn, but a 3-1 split in the second period with Stockton goals from Philp, Justin Kirkland and Alan Quine provided the Heat with breathing room heading into the game's final frame. Phillips and Gawdin then punctuated the win, lighting the lamp in the final frame to produce the 7-3 final. The win was the first victory for the home team in the season series between Stockton and Bakersfield, with the Heat owning a 4-1-0-1 lead on the year.
W: Artyom Zagidulin (39 shots, 36 saves)
L: Stuart Skinner (34 shots, 27 saves)
Three Stars: First - Matthew Philips (1g,2a), Second - Glenn Gawdin (1g,2a), Third - Artyom Zagidulin (36 svs)
Shots On Goal: STK - 34, BAK - 39
Power Plays: STK - 2-3, BAK - 1-5
- Luke Philp continued his torrid scoring streak, now with nine goals and three assists in the Heat's last 10 games.
- Matthew Phillips extended his scoring streak to five games with nine points (4g,5a) in that span.
- Austin Czarnik recorded the first points of his conditioning stint with Stockton in his second game, claiming a pair of assists.
- Glenn Gawdin finished the game with three points (1g,2a), giving him a pair of multi-point efforts in Stockton's last three games.
- The Heat totaled seven players with multiple points in the game.
- Eetu Tuulola continued his scoring streak since returning from injury, now at five games (1g,4a).
- The win was the first by the home team in the Stockton-Bakersfield season series.
The Heat hit the road for a pair of divisional games next week, at Ontario on Wednesday and at San Jose Saturday and will host the Barracuda on Sunday, December 15 in the club's next home game.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2019
- Rampage Rally Falls Short in Loss to Marlies - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Lose in Overtime to Hershey, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Rally Past Penguins, Sweep Rivalry Weekend - Hershey Bears
- The Force Awakens with the IceHogs on Star Wars Night - Rockford IceHogs
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Lettieri's Pair Pace Wolf Pack in 4-1 Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Canes Recall Gauthier from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Marlies and Rampage Close out Back to Back Today at Coca-Cola Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Austin Poganski Assigned to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Assign Aquin, Vail to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- JC Beaudin Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 5 PM - Hershey Bears
- San Diego Trips up Eagles in Overtime, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Gulls Finish Rally in OT - San Diego Gulls
- Rally Finished in Shootout, a 5-4 Reign Win - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Earn Point in Shootout Loss at Ontario - San Jose Barracuda
- Hot Start Ushers Roadrunners To Win In Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rocket Overcome Two-Goal Deficit, Score Three Unanswered Goals in a 4-3 Victory over the T-Birds - Laval Rocket
- Heat Roll to 7-3 Victory over Bakersfield Saturday - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.