Rocket Overcome Two-Goal Deficit, Score Three Unanswered Goals in a 4-3 Victory over the T-Birds
SPRINGFIELD - Down 3-1 after 40 minutes, the Rocket demonstrated character and resilience to erase a two-goal deficit and score three back-to-back goals to capture a 4-3 win over the Springfield Thunderbirds at the MassMutual Center Saturday night. Laval improved their record against Atlantic Division teams to 7-2-1. Keith Kinkaid made 23 saves to earn his first win with the Rocket. He replaced Charlie Lindgren early in the first period after the latter sustained an injury. Four of the seven goals came on the powerplay.
Riley Barber registered the game winner and a team-high 12th assist to earn the first star of the game. He extended his point streak to five games. Jake Evans recorded his first three-point night of the season with two goals and an assist. The Toronto, Ont., native, has recorded six points (2 G, 4 A) in his last three games. Ryan Poehling added an assist, tallying five points (1 G, 4 A) in four outings.
Evans opened scoring in the first period during the T-Birds' annual Teddy Bear Toss game but that didn't stop the home side from taking a 3-1 lead into the second intermission. Daniel Audette, Thomas Schemitsch and Dryden Hunt each contributed a goal and an assist. Audette continued to haunt his former team, tallying five points (2 G, 3 A) in two games against the Rocket this season.
After Evans narrowed the gap to one goal early in the third frame, Kevin Lynch tipped in Karl Alzner's shot past netminder Philippe Desrosiers to tie the game. Barber netted the deciding goal with less than five minutes left in the tilt to lead the Rocket to victory.
LAV: Evans (Brook, Cox) | Evans (Poehling, Barber) | Lynch (Alzner, Jevpalovs) | Barber (Evans, Vejdemo)
SPR: Audette (Schemitsch, Byron) | Schemitsch (Hunt, Audette) | Hunt (Lowry, Greco)
Unités spéciales/Special teams
LAV | AN/PP: 2/7 | IN/PK: 3/5
SPR | AN/PP: 2/5 | IN/PK: 5/7
LAV: Lindgren (2/3) Kinkaid (23/25) | SPR: Desrosiers (26/30)
Trois étoiles/Three stars
1. Barber - LAV 2. Audette - SPR 3. Evans - LAV
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from December 8, 2019
- Rampage Rally Falls Short in Loss to Marlies - San Antonio Rampage
- Penguins Lose in Overtime to Hershey, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Bears Rally Past Penguins, Sweep Rivalry Weekend - Hershey Bears
- The Force Awakens with the IceHogs on Star Wars Night - Rockford IceHogs
- P-Bruins Fall to Hartford Wolf Pack, 4-1 - Providence Bruins
- Lettieri's Pair Pace Wolf Pack in 4-1 Win - Hartford Wolf Pack
- 'Canes Recall Gauthier from Charlotte - Charlotte Checkers
- Marlies and Rampage Close out Back to Back Today at Coca-Cola Coliseum - Toronto Marlies
- American Hockey League Announces Suspension - AHL
- Austin Poganski Assigned to Rampage - San Antonio Rampage
- Amerks Assign Aquin, Vail to Cincinnati - Rochester Americans
- JC Beaudin Reassigned to Belleville - Belleville Senators
- Game Preview: Bears vs. Penguins, 5 PM - Hershey Bears
- San Diego Trips up Eagles in Overtime, 4-3 - Colorado Eagles
- Gulls Finish Rally in OT - San Diego Gulls
- Rally Finished in Shootout, a 5-4 Reign Win - Ontario Reign
- Barracuda Earn Point in Shootout Loss at Ontario - San Jose Barracuda
- Hot Start Ushers Roadrunners To Win In Iowa - Tucson Roadrunners
- Rocket Overcome Two-Goal Deficit, Score Three Unanswered Goals in a 4-3 Victory over the T-Birds - Laval Rocket
- Heat Roll to 7-3 Victory over Bakersfield Saturday - Stockton Heat
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Laval Rocket Stories
- Laval Rocket to Play Home Games at the Bell Centre for the 2020-21 Season
- Laval Rocket Organization Announces the Team Will Take Part in the 2020-21 AHL Season
- Canadiens and Alexandre Alain Mutually Agree to Terminate Contract
- Blandisi: in Grieving, Giving Back
- Kaiden Guhle Has Winning on His Mind