Lightning Reassign Amir Miftakhov to AHL
ORLANDO, Fla. - The Orlando Solar Bears have announced that the Tampa Bay Lightning have reassigned goaltender Amir Miftakhov from Orlando to the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League. Orlando has also claimed goaltender Bailey Brkin off waivers from the Rapid City Rush.
Miftakhov, 21, has posted a 1-1-0 record in two outings with the Solar Bears this season, along with a 2.02 goals-against average and a .939 save percentage. He has also gone 3-4-2 in 12 appearances in the AHL with Syracuse, posting a 2.65 goals-against average, a .907 save percentage and one shutout.
Miftakhov was Tampa Bay's sixth round selection, 186th overall, in the 2020 NHL Draft.
Brkin (BURR-kihn), 22, is in his first season of professional hockey, and has gone 4-3-0 in seven ECHL appearances with Rapid City and Fort Wayne, featuring a 2.73 GAA, an .895 save percentage and one shutout. He also appeared in 12 contests for the Quad City Storm of the Southern Professional Hockey League, where he went 8-2-2 with a 2.07 GAA and a .926 save percentage.
Prior to turning pro, the 6-foot-3, 175-pound netminder was on the Ryerson University Rams roster for the 2020-21 season, but did not play in any games due to the COVID-19 pandemic forcing the cancelation of U Sports athletics. The Sherwood Park, Alberta native played major junior hockey in both the Ontario Hockey League and Western Hockey League with the Sault Ste. Marie Greyhounds, Moose Jaw Warriors, Spokane Chiefs, Kootenay Ice and Swift Current Broncos, where he appeared in 97 career games and compiled a record of 54-28-6 with a 3.15 GAA, a .900 save percentage and five shutouts.
NEXT GAME: The Solar Bears return home to host the Utah Grizzlies on Thursday, Jan. 27 at 7 p.m. at the AdventHealth Rink at Amway Center, for Pink Whitney Night, featuring Spittin' Chiclets host Paul Bissonnette - secure your seats in the Pink Whitney Party Section for only $20.
• Discuss this story on the ECHL message board...
ECHL Stories from January 25, 2022
- McNiven Becomes Fourth Icemen Player to Reach NHL - Jacksonville Icemen
- ECHL Transactions - January 25 - ECHL
- Lightning Reassign Amir Miftakhov to AHL - Orlando Solar Bears
- Kaczperski Signs Tryout Contract with AHL's Syracuse Crunch - Iowa Heartlanders
- Thunder Trade for Tulsa's Phillips and Norfolk's Meyer - Adirondack Thunder
- Zack Andrusiak Traded to Cincinnati Cyclones - Idaho Steelheads
- Topatigh Returns from AHL - Atlanta Gladiators
- Cyclones Home Ice Highlights: JAN 26-29 - Cincinnati Cyclones
- Daniel Mannella Wins Warrior Hockey ECHL Goaltender of the Week - Tulsa Oilers
- Pink in the Rink Weekend Returns, Free Vaccines to Open Homestand - Idaho Steelheads
- Newfoundland's Centazzo Named Inglasco/ECHL Player of the Week - ECHL
- Norfolk Admirals Hockey Offers 2-For-1 Tickets to Football Fans for Sunday, January 30 Matinee - Norfolk Admirals
- Tulsa's Mannella Named Warrior Hockey/ECHL Goaltender of the Week - ECHL
- Blades Agree to Terms with Defenseman T.J. Fergus - Florida Everblades
- Former Fuel Goaltender Tomkins to Represent Canada at Beijing Olympics - Indy Fuel
- Steelheads Weekly - January 24, 2022 - Idaho Steelheads
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Orlando Solar Bears Stories
- Solar Bears Announce School Day Game for 2022-23 Season
- Solar Bears 2022-23 Home Opener Is October 23 vs. Icemen
- Solar Bears and Head Coach Drake Berehowsky Agree to Part Ways
- Bird, McInnis Receive Try-Outs with Barracuda
- Solar Bears Eliminated from Playoffs in 3-1 Loss to Icemen