Knott the OT Hero as Hogs Snap Road Skid
Rosemont, Ill. - Graham Knott netted the winner in overtime and Anton Forsberg made 36 saves as the Rockford IceHogs spoiled a third-period comeback to defeat the Chicago Wolves, 3-2, in an Illinois Lottery Cup showdown Saturday night at Allstate Arena.
The win snapped a season-long seven-game road winless skid for the IceHogs.
Knott's winner came 1:29 into the overtime session as he finished off a tic-tac-toe passing play from Darren Raddysh and Anthony Louis. The second-year forward added an assist in regulation, securing the first multi-point effort of his AHL career.
The IceHogs jumped out to a 2-0 lead thanks to second-period markers from Victor Ejdsell and Andrew Campbell. Ejdsell tapped home a centering feed from Lucas Carlsson to get the IceHogs on the board at the 2:37 mark of the stanza. Andrew Campbell extended the Rockford lead four minutes later on a slap shot from the top of the left circle.
Penalty troubles for the IceHogs allowed the Wolves to claw back into the game in the third period. Dylan Coghlan ended Forsberg's shutout bid with the Wolves on a 5-on-3 power play 2:32 into the frame. Then Erik Brannstrom evened the game 46 seconds later on the ensuing man-advantage.
Forsberg backstopped the thrilling victory with 36 saves in the contest, reaching the 30-save mark for the seventh time in his last 10 games.
Next home game: Fri. Jan. 25, 7 p.m. vs. Manitoba Moose
The IceHogs take on the Manitoba Moose this Friday at the BMO Harris Bank Center. The first 2,500 fans in attendance will receive a free T-shirt, courtesy of Toyota.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 20, 2019
- Rampage Fall in Weekend Sweep to Moose - San Antonio Rampage
- Defenseman Nolan Gluchowski Returned to Idaho Steelheads - Texas Stars
- Moose Take down San Antonio, 4-2 - Manitoba Moose
- Wolves Dropped by Admirals - Chicago Wolves
- Admirals End Skid with Shutout Win - Milwaukee Admirals
- Lindholm, Toninato Head to Avalanche, Eagles Recall Dickinson - Colorado Eagles
- Roadrunners Weekly (January 20) - Tucson Roadrunners
- Checkers Suffer Shutout Loss to Marlies - Charlotte Checkers
- Ryan Lindgren, Boo Nieves Rejoin Wolf Pack, Zach Tolkinen, Terrence Wallin Released from PTOs - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Thunderbirds/Rocket Game on January 21 Postponed to 7:05 p.m. - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Jets Reassign Niku and Schilling to the Manitoba Moose - Manitoba Moose
- Admirals Recall Overhardt from Atlanta - Milwaukee Admirals
- Marlies and Checkers Clash in Sunday Matinee - Toronto Marlies
- Columbus Blue Jackets Assign Forward Kevin Stenlund to Monsters - Cleveland Monsters
- Knott the OT Hero as Hogs Snap Road Skid - Rockford IceHogs
- Hill Shuts out Colorado to Shoulder Roadrunners' 2-0 Victory - Tucson Roadrunners
- Gulls' Point Streak Snapped - San Diego Gulls
- Condors Snap San Diego's Streak, 6-2 - Bakersfield Condors
- Parsons Holds off Stars Offense for Stockton - Texas Stars
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs to Host Day of the Dead Night on November 2 at the BMO
- Get Discounted Tickets, Win Dach Autographed Jersey Friday
- Hogs Cap Homestand with $2 Beer, Magnet Schedule Giveaway
- $5 Kids Tickets, Skate & Pet-Item Drive in Matinee Tomorrow vs. Laval
- Third Overall Pick Dach Assigned to Rockford on Conditioning Stint