Justin Almeida and Will Reilly Reassigned to Wheeling
WILKES-BARRE, Pa. - The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins announced today that forward Justin Almeida and defenseman Will Reilly have been reassigned by the Pittsburgh Penguins from Wilkes-Barre/Scranton to their ECHL affiliate, the Wheeling Nailers.
Almeida was selected by Pittsburgh in the fifth round (129th overall) of the 2018 NHL Entry Draft. Earlier this season, he notched three goals and one assist for four points in three games with the Nailers. One of his goals was the overtime game-winner for Wheeling in an Oct. 27 contest at Iowa.
This season with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, Almeida played in two games and did not record any points. Through 22 career AHL games with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton, the 22-year-old from Kitimat, British Columbia has posted three goals and two assists for five points.
Reilly, 24, has appeared in five games this season with Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and did not post any points in that time. As a rookie in 2020-21, the blueliner recorded three goals and three assists for six points in 26 games for the Penguins.
Selected by Pittsburgh with the final pick in the 2017 NHL Entry Draft (217th overall), Reilly has never suited up for the Nailers before. Prior to turning pro, the Toronto, Ontario native played four seasons at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. At R.P.I., he topped the team's defensemen in goals at the end of three of his four seasons.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton's next game is tonight, Tuesday, Nov. 13, against the Charlotte Checkers at BoJangles' Coliseum. Puck drop between the Penguins and Checkers is scheduled for 7:00 p.m. The Penguins return home on Nov. 27 to face-off against the Providence Bruins for Hockey Fights Cancer night. Game time is scheduled for 6:05 p.m. at Mohegan Sun Arena at Casey Plaza.
After the game, fans are invited to partake in painting a message on the ice in remembrance or support of someone who has or is fighting cancer.
Individual game tickets and season-ticket packages for the 2021-22 season are on sale now. Full-Season, 22-game, 12-game, Flexbook and Premium Seating plans are available by reaching out to the Penguins directly at (570) 208-7367.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from November 23, 2021
- Hållander, Penguins Deck Checkers in Overtime, 3-2 - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Checkers Stumble Late in OT Loss to Penguins - Charlotte Checkers
- Admirals to Host Food Drive Wednesday - Milwaukee Admirals
- Condors Host 23rd Annual Teddy Bear Toss on Saturday - Bakersfield Condors
- Bears Weekly #6: Trio of Games Forthcoming During Thanksgiving Week - Hershey Bears
- Eagles Recall Miska from ECHL's Utah Grizzlies - Colorado Eagles
- Gillies and Lappin Join Phantoms - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Capitals Re-Assign Axel Jonsson-Fjallby to Hershey - Hershey Bears
- Olivier Reassigned to Milwaukee - Milwaukee Admirals
- Syracuse Crunch Weekly Ã¢ÂÂ Vol. 28, No. 6 - Syracuse Crunch
- Senators Looking for Fans to Take Part in Second Kids Day Game - Belleville Senators
- Two Minutes for Thoughts: November 23rd, 2021 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Moose Assign Shaw and Lynch to ECHL - Manitoba Moose
- San Diego Gulls Announce 2021-22 Television Schedule - San Diego Gulls
- Griffins Set to Battle Milwaukee, Chicago - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Penguins Weekly - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Devils Recall DeLeo, Reassign Holtz to Comets - Utica Comets
- Justin Almeida and Will Reilly Reassigned to Wheeling - Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins
- Thunderbirds Sign D Michael Kim to PTO - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Belleville Senators Acquire Jack Dougherty from Providence - Belleville Senators
- Tucson Roadrunners Road Ahead: Abbotsford Is Arriving - Tucson Roadrunners
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 6 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Reign Snap Stockton's Streak with Big Third - Ontario Reign
- Point Streak Snapped as Heat, Reign Split Two-Game Set - Stockton Heat
- Last Week around the Leagues - OSC Original by Fran Stuchbury
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins Stories
- Phantoms Edge Penguins in Low-Scoring, Grind-It-Out Game
- Penguins Sign Goalie Tristan Côté-Cazenave to PTO
- Pittsburgh Returns Three to WBS
- Penguins Weekly
- Penguins Pull off Gutsy, 2-1 Win over Hershey