Isotopes' Three Homers Not Enough in Loss to Grizzlies
Grizzlies 6 (62-75), Isotopes 5 (60-77) - Chukchansi Park, Fresno, Calif.
AT THE DISH: All of the Isotopes scoring on Friday came off home runs ... Roberto Ramos put Albuquerque ahead in the opening frame with a two-run shot to right. The home run was Ramos' 29th of the year and gave him 103 RBI for the season. Ramos is now tied with Mitch Jones (2009) for the third-most RBI in team history ... Brian Mundell's two-run homer in the eighth inning was his 11th ... Todd Czinege went deep in his first Triple-A at-bat, a pinch-hit blast to lead off the ninth inning ... Albuquerque's three homers, pushed its season total to 206.
TOEING THE RUBBER: Starting pitcher Pat Dean was charged with his 13th loss of the 2019 campaign, tying him with Zach Lee (2014) for the most losses in a single-season in Isotopes history. Dean yielded six runs and five hits in 4.1 innings. The lefty surrendered three home runs giving him 34 for the season, establishing a team record ... Logan Cozart, Harrison Musgrave and Phillip Diehl combined for 3.2 scoreless innings out of the bullpen.
TOPES TIDBITS: Elliot Soto had his 18-game on-base streak come to an end Friday after going 0-for-5 at the plate ... Albuquerque was 1-for-9 with runners in scoring position and stranded eight on base.
ON DECK: Saturday - Albuquerque Isotopes at Fresno Grizzlies, 8:05 p.m. MT - Chukchansi Park
PROBABLES: Isotopes: RHP Nelson Gonzalez (2-0, 6.50), Grizzles: LHP Ben Braymer (0-6, 7.55)
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Bees Defeat Aces - Salt Lake Bees
- Missions Slug Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- New Orleans takes a 2-0 series lead in Oklahoma City with 3-0 win Saturday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Home Run by Missions Defeats Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Falls to Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Finish Winningest August in Franchise History - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Halt Express 4-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Slip Past Chasers 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Edge Storm Chasers 10-9 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-71) vs. San Antonio Missions (79-58) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 31, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (68-69) at Iowa Cubs (73-64) - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Rallies for 4-2 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Fall in Extras - Salt Lake Bees
- Sellout Crowd Watches Grizz Beat ABQ 6-5 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Fall 2-1 in 10 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davis walks it off for River Cats in pitchers' duel - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes' Three Homers Not Enough in Loss to Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Win in Extra-Inning Offensive Explosion - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.