Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers
Summerlin, NV - John Andreoli had himself a day on Friday, notching four hits, and Jaycob Brugman ripped a two-run single to put the Tacoma Rainiers ahead for good on Friday night in a 4-2 victory against the Las Vegas Aviators.
The Rainiers got on the board first, beginning in the first on Ryan Court's RBI groundout to plate Andreoli for a 1-0 advantage.
Tacoma was stymied until the eighth when Brugman drove the game-winning single to center field for a 3-2 lead by scoring Andreoli and Eric Filia. Daniel Castro was hit by a pitch later in the inning to push across an insurance run for the game's final tally.
Righty Darren McCaughan gave up two runs on nine hits in five innings of work. The 23-year-old struck out four and settled for a no-decision in his last scheduled start of the campaign.
Andreoli led the way offensively for Tacoma, going 4-for-5 with a double. His four hits improved his batting average to .300 this season. The outfielder has three or more hits in three of the last four games.
Brugman furnished a standout performance at the dish as well, going 2-for-4 with two RBI, improving his 2019 batting average to .280. Eric Filia also chipped in for Tacoma, going 2-for-5 with a double.
Zac Grotz and Matt Festa were excellent out of the bullpen as well for the Rainiers, throwing two shutout innings each while limiting Las Vegas to a combined one hit. Grotz earned his first win with the Rainiers while Festa notched his fifth save.
Overall, Tacoma plated their four runs on 10 hits, two of which went for extra bases. The Rainiers also drew two free passes from Las Vegas pitchers. Tacoma did significant damage on the basepaths, stealing three bags on the day, with two coming from Andreoli.
The Rainiers are back on the diamond on Saturday at 7:05 PM PDT, when they'll continue their series with the Aviators.
The Rainiers and Aviators continue their four-game set on Saturday at 7:05 p.m. PDT when lefty Anthony Misiewicz takes the hill. Mike Curto will have full coverage on South Sound Talk 850.
For inquiries regarding season tickets and hospitality options for the upcoming 2020 season, please contact [email protected] The most up-to-date news and notes about the Rainiers throughout the season can be found on WeRTacoma.com, or by following the Rainiers on Twitter (@RainiersLand), on Instagram (@tacomarainiers) and by liking the team on Facebook.
Images from this story
John Andreoli of the Tacoma Rainiers
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Bees Defeat Aces - Salt Lake Bees
- Missions Slug Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- New Orleans takes a 2-0 series lead in Oklahoma City with 3-0 win Saturday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Home Run by Missions Defeats Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Falls to Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Finish Winningest August in Franchise History - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Halt Express 4-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Slip Past Chasers 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Edge Storm Chasers 10-9 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-71) vs. San Antonio Missions (79-58) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 31, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (68-69) at Iowa Cubs (73-64) - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Rallies for 4-2 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Fall in Extras - Salt Lake Bees
- Sellout Crowd Watches Grizz Beat ABQ 6-5 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Fall 2-1 in 10 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davis walks it off for River Cats in pitchers' duel - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes' Three Homers Not Enough in Loss to Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Win in Extra-Inning Offensive Explosion - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Tacoma Rainiers Stories
- Rainiers Among Minor League Baseball's Top-25 in Merchandise Sales for Fifth-Straight Year
- Rainiers Giving Tacoma a Taste of Baseball with "Cheneyville Grab N' Go" Drive-Thru
- Seattle Mariners to Utilize Cheney Stadium for "Taxi Squad" Practices, Simulated Games Beginning July 27
- Tacoma Rainiers Statement Regarding Cancelation of 2020 Minor League Baseball Season
- Tacoma Rainiers Hosting Virtual Watch Party for Annual 3rd of July Fireworks Show