Chasers Halt Express 4-0
Kansas City shortstop Adalberto Mondesi mashed a two-run home run as part of his Major League Rehab Assignment with the Storm Chasers, while Omaha southpaw Jake Kalish fired seven scoreless innings in Omaha's 4-0 shutout win over the Round Rock Express in front of 7,023 fans on Friday night at Werner Park.
Kalish (7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, BB, 5 K) retired 12 of the first 13 batters he faced, with the lone blemish a two-out walk in the opening frame, before DH Lorenzo Quintana slapped a single to lead off the fifth. The victory was Kalish's eighth of the year, matching LHP Foster Griffin for the team lead. Round Rock starter Rogelio Armenteros (6.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 7 K), meanwhile, suffered the defeat.
Omaha DH Jecksson Flores smacked an RBI single to left to put the Storm Chasers ahead 1-0 in the second. After 2B Erick Mejia swiped home on a double steal in the fourth, Mondesi clubbed his two-run shot to right in the following frame to double Omaha's advantage to four.
Flores (2-2, RBI, BB) and Mejia (2-4, R) each posted multi-hit efforts in the victory, while Quintana (2-4) was the lone Round Rock hitter to tally two or more knocks. Mondesi in nine games with the Storm Chasers on a Major League Rehab Assignment has hit .242 (8-33), adding five runs, one double, one triple, one homer and three RBI.
The two teams are set to continue their four-game set on Saturday afternoon, with first pitch scheduled for 2:05pm CT.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Bees Defeat Aces - Salt Lake Bees
- Missions Slug Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- New Orleans takes a 2-0 series lead in Oklahoma City with 3-0 win Saturday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Home Run by Missions Defeats Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Falls to Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Finish Winningest August in Franchise History - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Halt Express 4-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Slip Past Chasers 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Edge Storm Chasers 10-9 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-71) vs. San Antonio Missions (79-58) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 31, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (68-69) at Iowa Cubs (73-64) - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Rallies for 4-2 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Fall in Extras - Salt Lake Bees
- Sellout Crowd Watches Grizz Beat ABQ 6-5 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Fall 2-1 in 10 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davis walks it off for River Cats in pitchers' duel - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes' Three Homers Not Enough in Loss to Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Win in Extra-Inning Offensive Explosion - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.