Chasers Halt Express 4-0
Kansas City shortstop Adalberto Mondesi mashed a two-run home run as part of his Major League Rehab Assignment with the Storm Chasers, while Omaha southpaw Jake Kalish fired seven scoreless innings in Omaha's 4-0 shutout win over the Round Rock Express in front of 7,023 fans on Friday night at Werner Park.
Kalish (7.0 IP, 3 H, 0 R, BB, 5 K) retired 12 of the first 13 batters he faced, with the lone blemish a two-out walk in the opening frame, before DH Lorenzo Quintana slapped a single to lead off the fifth. The victory was Kalish's eighth of the year, matching LHP Foster Griffin for the team lead. Round Rock starter Rogelio Armenteros (6.0 IP, 7 H, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 BB, 7 K), meanwhile, suffered the defeat.
Omaha DH Jecksson Flores smacked an RBI single to left to put the Storm Chasers ahead 1-0 in the second. After 2B Erick Mejia swiped home on a double steal in the fourth, Mondesi clubbed his two-run shot to right in the following frame to double Omaha's advantage to four.
Flores (2-2, RBI, BB) and Mejia (2-4, R) each posted multi-hit efforts in the victory, while Quintana (2-4) was the lone Round Rock hitter to tally two or more knocks. Mondesi in nine games with the Storm Chasers on a Major League Rehab Assignment has hit .242 (8-33), adding five runs, one double, one triple, one homer and three RBI.
The two teams are set to continue their four-game set on Saturday afternoon, with first pitch scheduled for 2:05pm CT.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Bees Defeat Aces - Salt Lake Bees
- Missions Slug Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- New Orleans takes a 2-0 series lead in Oklahoma City with 3-0 win Saturday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Home Run by Missions Defeats Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Falls to Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Finish Winningest August in Franchise History - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Halt Express 4-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Slip Past Chasers 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Edge Storm Chasers 10-9 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-71) vs. San Antonio Missions (79-58) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 31, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (68-69) at Iowa Cubs (73-64) - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Rallies for 4-2 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Fall in Extras - Salt Lake Bees
- Sellout Crowd Watches Grizz Beat ABQ 6-5 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Fall 2-1 in 10 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davis walks it off for River Cats in pitchers' duel - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes' Three Homers Not Enough in Loss to Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Win in Extra-Inning Offensive Explosion - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- Melendez Smacks Homers No. 40 and 41 in Sunday Loss to Indianapolis
- Six-Run Second Inning Propels Omaha to Saturday Win over Indianapolis
- Storm Chasers Announce Annual Team Awards for 2021
- Chasers Comeback Falls Short in Slugfest Loss to Indians
- Barker Keeps Indianapolis Bats at Bay to Lead Chasers to Second Straight Win