Aces Win in Extra-Inning Offensive Explosion
Salt Lake City, Utah. - Nine innings weren't enough on Friday night in Salt Lake City. The Reno Aces and Salt Lake Bees took game-one into the 10th inning with the Aces coming out on top by a score of 13-8. Reno got into the scoring column in the top of the fifth inning thanks to seven consecutive base hits scoring seven runs chasing Salt Lake starter Jeremy Beasley out of the game. In the fifth inning, catcher Lucas Herbert became just the third Aces player in 2019 to record two hits in the same inning of a game. Up 7-4, the Bees mounted a comeback in the bottom of the 9th to tie the game at 7. That's when the action started up again for Reno. Andy Young kicked off the inning with an RBI double to score Josh Prince, who started at second base. Chris Cron's Aces then loaded the bases for Caleb Joseph, who came on as a pinch runner for an injured Domingo Leyba. Joseph cleared the bases with a three-run double. Kevin Cron then drove in Joseph with an RBI single, his third RBI of the evening. The win moves Reno to a record of 65-72 with three games remaining in the 2019 campaign.
Top Performers - Reno
Kevin Cron (4-for-6, 3 RBI)
Abraham Almonte (2-for-5, 3 R)
Andy Young (2-for-3, 2 R, 3 RBI)
Top Performers - Salt Lake
Jared Walsh (2-for-6, 2 HR)
Taylor Ward (2-for-6, R, 2 RBI)
Josh Thole (2-for-5, 3 RBI)
DAY DATE OPPONENT PROBABLE PITCHERS TIME (PT) (PT) RADIO/TV
Saturday August 31 Salt Lake Bees RHP Matt Koch vs. RHP Drew Hutchison 6:05 p.m. KPLY 630 AM
Notes & Information
Two in One: Lucas Herbert became just the third player this season to record two hits in the same inning for the Aces. With two singles in the top of the fifth inning tonight, Herbert helped spark a seven-run outburst.
Perfect: Reno is a perfect 5-0 at Smith's Ballpark in Salt Lake City, Utah this season. Reno has outscored the Bees 42-33 in Utah with three games remaining on the schedule.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Bees Defeat Aces - Salt Lake Bees
- Missions Slug Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- New Orleans takes a 2-0 series lead in Oklahoma City with 3-0 win Saturday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Home Run by Missions Defeats Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Falls to Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Finish Winningest August in Franchise History - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Halt Express 4-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Slip Past Chasers 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Edge Storm Chasers 10-9 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-71) vs. San Antonio Missions (79-58) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 31, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (68-69) at Iowa Cubs (73-64) - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Rallies for 4-2 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Fall in Extras - Salt Lake Bees
- Sellout Crowd Watches Grizz Beat ABQ 6-5 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Fall 2-1 in 10 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davis walks it off for River Cats in pitchers' duel - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes' Three Homers Not Enough in Loss to Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Win in Extra-Inning Offensive Explosion - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.