Bees Fall in Extras
The Reno Aces used two big innings to beat the Salt Lake Bees 13-9 in extra innings on Friday night in front of 12,397 fans at Smith's Ballpark.
Salt Lake lead the game 5-1 after four innings before the Aces came storming back with a seven-run fifth inning.
Salt Lake trailed 8-5 going into the final frame, but rallied to tie the game as Jared Walsh hit his second home run of the game and Wilfredo Tovar brought in the tying two runs on a triple to send the game to extra innings. The Aces scored five runs in the 10th inning to take a commanding lead and the Bees were only able to score one run in the bottom of the 10th.
Jeremy Rhoades (3-2) took the loss after starting the 10th inning and giving up four hits and five runs (four earned). Jeremy Beasley started the game for the Bees and allowed seven runs over four innings of work. JC Ramirez followed Beasley with three quality innings of relief allowing a single run and two-way player Kaleb Cowart chipped in with two scoreless innings of relief. Walsh's two home runs put him in a tie with Mark Trumbo (2010) for most home runs in a single-season in Salt Lake franchise history with 36 with three games to play. After going 2-for-6 with two RBI and a home run, Ward has now reached base safely in his last 29 home games.
The Bees have three games remaining in the 2019 season with Saturday's first pitch scheduled for 7:05 p.m.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Bees Defeat Aces - Salt Lake Bees
- Missions Slug Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- New Orleans takes a 2-0 series lead in Oklahoma City with 3-0 win Saturday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Home Run by Missions Defeats Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Falls to Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Finish Winningest August in Franchise History - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Halt Express 4-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Slip Past Chasers 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Edge Storm Chasers 10-9 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-71) vs. San Antonio Missions (79-58) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 31, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (68-69) at Iowa Cubs (73-64) - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Rallies for 4-2 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Fall in Extras - Salt Lake Bees
- Sellout Crowd Watches Grizz Beat ABQ 6-5 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Fall 2-1 in 10 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davis walks it off for River Cats in pitchers' duel - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes' Three Homers Not Enough in Loss to Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Win in Extra-Inning Offensive Explosion - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Salt Lake Bees Stories
- Salt Lake Bees Rank in MiLB Top 25 Merchandise Sales
- Salt Lake Bees Statement on Minor League Baseball
- Larry H. Miller Group of Companies Announces Massive Food Drive at LHM Dealerships, Megaplex Theatres and Sports Facilities
- MiLB Launches CommUNITY First Campaign
- Salt Lake Bees Announce Ticket PolicyÃÂ