Express Slip Past Chasers 10-9
Omaha overcame a five-run deficit with a seven-run seventh inning capped by a two-run double by 3B Jimmy Govern, however Round Rock catcher Lorenzo Quintana collected four hits, including the go-ahead run-scoring single in the eighth, in the Express' wild 10-9 win over the Storm Chasers on Saturday afternoon at Werner Park.
Entering the bottom of the seventh trailing 7-2, Omaha erupted for seven tallies, including 3B Govern's go-ahead two-run double to left. C Xavier Fernandez 's RBI single up the middle extended the advantage to two, however Round Rock immediately answered with three tallies in the eighth, capped by Quintana's RBI single to left.
Round Rock totaled 18 hits, with Quintana and LF Chas McCormick (3-4, 3 R, 2 BB) headlining the Express' six multi-hit efforts. All nine Express batters also posted at least one knock. Govern (2-5, 2B, 2 RBI), Fernandez (2-4, R, RBI) and SS Jecksson Flores (2-5, 2 R, RBI) each recorded multi-hit efforts for Omaha, while 1B Erich Weiss homered for the second time in three games.
Express reliever Ronel Blanco (0.2 IP, 2 H, 2 R, 2 ER) earned the victory, while Ralph Garza (2.0 IP, BB, 2 K) notched his fifth save. Omaha southpaw Richard Lovelady (0.2 IP, 4 H, 3 R, 3 ER, BB, K) suffered the defeat.
The two teams are set to continue their four-game set on Sunday evening, with first pitch scheduled for 7:05pm CT.
Tickets for that game and all remaining Storm Chasers home contests can be purchased online at www.omahastormchasers.com, or by calling the Werner Park Ticket Office from noon until 6:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at (402) 738-5100.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Bees Defeat Aces - Salt Lake Bees
- Missions Slug Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- New Orleans takes a 2-0 series lead in Oklahoma City with 3-0 win Saturday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Home Run by Missions Defeats Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Falls to Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Finish Winningest August in Franchise History - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Halt Express 4-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Slip Past Chasers 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Edge Storm Chasers 10-9 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-71) vs. San Antonio Missions (79-58) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 31, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (68-69) at Iowa Cubs (73-64) - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Rallies for 4-2 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Fall in Extras - Salt Lake Bees
- Sellout Crowd Watches Grizz Beat ABQ 6-5 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Fall 2-1 in 10 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davis walks it off for River Cats in pitchers' duel - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes' Three Homers Not Enough in Loss to Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Win in Extra-Inning Offensive Explosion - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Omaha Storm Chasers Stories
- Melendez Smacks Homers No. 40 and 41 in Sunday Loss to Indianapolis
- Six-Run Second Inning Propels Omaha to Saturday Win over Indianapolis
- Storm Chasers Announce Annual Team Awards for 2021
- Chasers Comeback Falls Short in Slugfest Loss to Indians
- Barker Keeps Indianapolis Bats at Bay to Lead Chasers to Second Straight Win