Chihuahuas Fall 2-1 in 10
Jaylin Davis hit a game-ending single in the bottom of the 10th inning Friday, as the Sacramento River Cats beat the El Paso Chihuahuas 2-1 in 10 innings. It was the second straight win for the River Cats, who clinched the Northern Division title Thursday night with a victory over Reno.
The first-place Las Vegas Aviators also lost Friday, positioning the Chihuahuas in second place, two games back with three regular season games remaining. In the event of a first-place tie, El Paso would advance to the playoffs.
San Diego Padres pitcher Jacob Nix threw six innings in an MLB injury rehab assignment and allowed only one run Friday. Nix has a 0.82 ERA in 11 Triple-A rehab innings this season. The Chihuahuas are now 6-2 in extra-inning games in 2019, while Sacramento advanced to 9-4.
Box Score: https://www.milb.com/gameday/chihuahuas-vs-river-cats/2019/08/30/580254#game_state=live,game_tab=,game=580254
Team Records: El Paso (79-58), Sacramento (71-66)
Next Game: Saturday, 8:05 pm at Raley Field. El Paso LHP Dillon Overton (9-5, 5.76) vs. Sacramento RHP Johnny Cueto (MLB rehab). The game will air on 600 ESPN El Paso and www.epchihuahuas.com.
• Discuss this story on the Pacific Coast League message board...
Pacific Coast League Stories from August 31, 2019
- Bees Defeat Aces - Salt Lake Bees
- Missions Slug Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- New Orleans takes a 2-0 series lead in Oklahoma City with 3-0 win Saturday - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Late Home Run by Missions Defeats Sounds - Nashville Sounds
- Iowa Falls to Memphis - Iowa Cubs
- Redbirds Finish Winningest August in Franchise History - Memphis Redbirds
- Chasers Halt Express 4-0 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Slip Past Chasers 10-9 - Omaha Storm Chasers
- Express Edge Storm Chasers 10-9 - Round Rock Express
- Nashville Sounds Game Information: Nashville Sounds (64-71) vs. San Antonio Missions (79-58) - Nashville Sounds
- Game Notes: San Antonio Missions at Nashville Sounds - San Antonio Missions
- OKC Dodgers Game Notes - August 31, 2019 - Oklahoma City Dodgers
- Game Notes: Memphis Redbirds (68-69) at Iowa Cubs (73-64) - Memphis Redbirds
- Tacoma Rallies for 4-2 Victory over Aviators - Las Vegas Aviators
- Bees Fall in Extras - Salt Lake Bees
- Sellout Crowd Watches Grizz Beat ABQ 6-5 - Fresno Grizzlies
- Chihuahuas Fall 2-1 in 10 - El Paso Chihuahuas
- Andreoli Racks up Four Hits, Brugman Knocks in Game-Winner for Rainiers - Tacoma Rainiers
- Davis walks it off for River Cats in pitchers' duel - Sacramento River Cats
- Isotopes' Three Homers Not Enough in Loss to Grizzlies - Albuquerque Isotopes
- Aces Win in Extra-Inning Offensive Explosion - Reno Aces
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.