Hogs Game Day: IceHogs Close Homestand with Winning Weekday Tilt vs. Wild Tonight
Rockford, IL - The Rockford IceHogs wrap up their season-long, six-game homestand tonight against the Iowa Wild on a Winning Weekday at 7:00 at BMO Harris Bank Center. Tonight is the fifth of 12 meetings between the two clubs this season.
Know Before You Go - Join us Tonight at the BMO!
Wear Your Mask - All fans entering the BMO Harris Bank Center over the age of two are required to wear a face mask that completely covers their nose and mouth, except when actively eating or drinking.
Your Phone is Your Ticket - All guests are required to enter IceHogs home games at the BMO Harris Bank Center using a mobile ticket. Be sure to download the IceHogs mobile app, as no printouts or screenshots will be accepted. Download the IceHogs app here!
Leave Your Bags/Purses at Home - The Rockford IceHogs and BMO Harris Bank Center will continue to enforce their clear-bag gameday policy. Clear Back Policy
Cashless Payments Only - Don't forget the BMO Harris Bank Center is a fully cashless arena; cash will not be accepted for food, beverage, and merchandise purchases.
IceHogs and Wild Clash on a Winning Weekday Tonight
The IceHogs host the Wild tonight on a Winning Weekday! If the IceHogs win, YOU WIN! If the IceHogs grab the victory, every fan in attendance will receive a FREE ticket to the next IceHogs weekday game (Wednesday, Feb. 2)! Buy Tickets
Key Central Division Standings Points Up for Grabs Tonight
The IceHogs and Wild enter tonight's contest neck-and-neck in the Central Division standings with the IceHogs sitting in fourth place with a .516 winning percentage through 31 games played and the Wild in fifth at a .486 winning percentage with 35 games played. After tonight, the two clubs will get together again soon with a home-and-home weekend starting in Iowa on Friday, Feb. 4 and returning to BMO Harris Bank Center on Saturday, Feb. 5.
Hello Old Friend
Tonight's contest marks the first time the IceHogs have seen the Wild since Dec. 8 with the last two meetings going beyond regulation time. IceHogs forward Andrei Altybarmakian netted the game-winning shootout goal in a 4-3 comeback win at the BMO in early December while Wild defenseman Joe Hicketts buried the overtime winner on the power play on Nov. 10 in a 4-3 showdown in Rockford.
Teply Taking Over IceHogs Scoring
After one assist in his first 18 games this season, forward Michal Teply has hit a scoring groove, netting five goals and three assists for eight points in his last seven games. He registered his first two-goal AHL performance on Saturday vs. Texas and dazzled with a highlight-reel goal in the shootout. He enters tonight's game on a three-game point streak (3G, 2A) and goals in each of this last two games (3G).
View Game Notes, Rosters & Biographies
The IceHogs hit the road for the first time since early January with stops against the Milwaukee Admirals and Chicago Wolves on Friday, Jan. 28 and Saturday, Jan. 29! The IceHogs and Admirals collide Friday night at 7 p.m. and the IceHogs and Wolves renew their in-state rivalry on Saturday at 7 p.m. Tune in to the action on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO Harris Bank Center!
The IceHogs return home to BMO Harris Bank Center and open up February on Wednesday, Feb. 2 at 7 PM against Milwaukee on a Winning Weekday! If the IceHogs win, YOU WIN! If the IceHogs grab the victory, every fan in attendance will receive a FREE ticket to the next IceHogs weekday game! Buy Tickets
Watch and listen to the action on the IceHogs Broadcast Network presented by BMO Harris Bank! Tune in from your favorite device, at home or on the road at IceHogs.com and on the IceHogs app! Fans can also watch every IceHogs home game and select road games this season on 23.3 Circle TV and every game on AHLTV and listen in on all of Mid-West Family's local stations including 104.9 The X, B103, 95.3 The Bull, and Rockford Greatest Hits 100.5 and featured on Rock River Current.
2021-22 Regular-Season Records:
Rockford: 15-14-1-1, 32 points (4th, Central Division)
Iowa: 15-16-2-2, 34 points (5th, Central Division)
2021-22 Head-to-Head Schedule:
Fri. Oct. 22 at Iowa, 3-6 Loss Recap & Highlights
Sat. Oct. 23 at Iowa, 2-5 Loss Recap & Highlights
Wed. Nov. 10 at Rockford, 3-4 Overtime Loss Recap & Highlights
Wed. Dec. 8 at Rockford, 4-3 Shootout Win Recap & Highlights
Wed. Jan. 26 at Rockford, 7 p.m.
Fri. Feb. 4 at Iowa, 7 p.m.
Sat. Feb. 5 at Rockford, 6 p.m.
Fri. Feb. 25 at Iowa, 7 p.m.
Fri. Mar. 25 at Iowa, 7 p.m.
Sun. Apr. 24 at Rockford, 5 p.m.
Wed., Apr. 27 at Iowa
IceHogs vs. Wild 2021-22 Head-to-Head Record
IceHogs vs. Wild, All-Time
Rockford: Anders Sorensen (4th season with IceHogs, 1st as Interim Head Coach)
Iowa: Tim Army (4th season with Wild)
Rockford: Chicago Blackhawks
Iowa: Minnesota Wild
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 26, 2022
- Wild Roast IceHogs in Overtime, 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Blanked by Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Down Monsters, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Use Three Second Period Goals to Knock off T-Birds 5-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Late Push Falls Short in 3-1 Loss to Crunch - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Bests T-Birds in Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Outdone by Reign, 4-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Ratcliffe Gets the Call, Additional Transactions Announced - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Parik Backstops Reign to 4-1 Win over San Jose - Ontario Reign
- Moose Announce Rescheduled Home Games - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Sign Marcus Vela to AHL Deal - Hershey Bears
- Red Wings Reassign Fulcher, Recall Pickard - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Evan Fitzpatrick Assigned to Greenville, Checkers Release Craig Martin and Spencer Ashucak from PTOs - Charlotte Checkers
- Blues Assign F James Neal to Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Record 13 Former Griffins to Participate in Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 15 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Wolf Pack Open Three-Game Homestand with Visit from Thunderbirds - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs Close Homestand with Winning Weekday Tilt vs. Wild Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Game #32: Bakersfield at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Rockford IceHogs Stories
- IceHogs Season Comes to an End, Wolves Advance to Central Division Finals
- IceHogs Look to Keep Season Alive with Win over Wolves Tonight at the BMO
- IceHogs Outshot, Overpowered by Wolves
- IceHogs and Wolves Meet for Game 2 of Central Division Semifinals Tonight in Rosemont
- Hogs Fall to Wolves in Game 1 of Central Division Semifinals