Ratcliffe Gets the Call, Additional Transactions Announced
Lehigh Valley, PA - The Lehigh Valley Phantoms and Philadelphia Flyers have announced that forward Isaac Ratcliffe has been recalled to the Flyers Taxi Squad from the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. Additionally, forwards Jackson Cates and Linus Sandin as well as goalie Felix Sandstrom have all been loaned to the Phantoms from the Flyers. The Phantoms have also announced that forward Nick Lappin has been signed to an AHL standard player contract. Lappin was previously on a PTO (professional try out) contract with the Phantoms.
Ratcliffe, 22, is receiving a recall to the Flyers for the first time in his career. The Flyers' Round 2 (#35 overall) selection in 2017 out of the Guelph Storm of the OHL has scored four goals with six assists in 31 games with the Phantoms this season. The 6'6" winger has played in 108 games with the Phantoms over three seasons amassing 13 goals with 21 assists for 34 points.
Cates, 24, is an undrafted product of the University of Minn-Duluth and is in his first full year of pro hockey. He has scored 2-4-6 with the Phantoms this season in 21 games while also scoring one goal in nine games with the Flyers this year.
Sandin, 25, signed with the Flyers last year as a free agent. The Uppsala, Sweden product is coming off his NHL debut on Tuesday night for the Philadelphia Flyers at the New York Islanders. Sandin has scored 5-2-7 in 13 games with the Phantoms with all five of his goals coming in his last seven games. He missed two months from October 17 through December 16 with a fractured orbital bone injury after taking a shot to the face in the second game of the season.
Sandstrom, 25, has gone 4-9-3, 3.02, .897 with the Phantoms this season and also made his NHL debut with the Flyers on December 30 with 43 saves in a 3-2 overtime loss at San Jose. The Round 3 pick of the Flyers in 2015 from Gavle, Sweden is in his third full professional season in North America and has gone 10-12-6, 3.05, .902 in his AHL career with the Phantoms.
Lappin, 29, signed a profesionall try out contract with the Phantoms on November 23, 2021. The undrafted winger out of Brown University has played in 13 games with Lehigh Valley scoring one goal with one assist. Lappin has played in 234 career games in the AHL scoring 74 goals while also having played in 60 NHL games with the New Jersey Devils where he has scored five goals with three assists on his career.
The Phantoms return to action on Friday night at the Springfield Thunderbirds.
The next home game for the Phantoms is this Sunday at 5:05 p.m. against the Hershey Bears on meLVin Kids Activity Book Night.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 26, 2022
- Wild Roast IceHogs in Overtime, 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Blanked by Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Down Monsters, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Use Three Second Period Goals to Knock off T-Birds 5-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Late Push Falls Short in 3-1 Loss to Crunch - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Bests T-Birds in Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Outdone by Reign, 4-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Ratcliffe Gets the Call, Additional Transactions Announced - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Parik Backstops Reign to 4-1 Win over San Jose - Ontario Reign
- Moose Announce Rescheduled Home Games - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Sign Marcus Vela to AHL Deal - Hershey Bears
- Red Wings Reassign Fulcher, Recall Pickard - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Evan Fitzpatrick Assigned to Greenville, Checkers Release Craig Martin and Spencer Ashucak from PTOs - Charlotte Checkers
- Blues Assign F James Neal to Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Record 13 Former Griffins to Participate in Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 15 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Wolf Pack Open Three-Game Homestand with Visit from Thunderbirds - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs Close Homestand with Winning Weekday Tilt vs. Wild Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Game #32: Bakersfield at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Lehigh Valley Phantoms Stories
- Take a Bow, Phantoms Sandstrom Shutout Win Ends Season
- Sandström, Högberg, Zamula Returned to Phantoms
- Phantoms Take Setback in Penultimate Game
- T-Birds Pull Away in 3rd
- Phantoms Power Play