Bears Sign Marcus Vela to AHL Deal
(Hershey, PA) - The Hershey Bears announced today that the club has signed forward Marcus Vela to an American Hockey League contract for the remainder of the 2021-22 season. Additionally, the Bears announced that forward Ryan Dmowski has been released from his professional tryout agreement and will return to the South Carolina Stingrays (ECHL).
Vela, 24, was previously on a professional tryout with the Bears after starting the season with the ECHL's Toledo Walleye. He's appeared in seven games with the Bears this season, collecting three points (2g, 1a). He struck for his first career AHL multi-point effort (1g, 1a) and earned First Star honors in Hershey's 6-2 win over Wilkes-Barre/Scranton on Jan. 25. In total, the Burnaby, British Columbia native has collected five points (2g, 3a) in 13 AHL games with San Jose and Hershey.
Dmowski, 24, had 10 points (7g, 3a) in 23 games with Hershey. He returns to the Rays where he posted one goal in three games with the club.
The Bears return to action on Saturday night at GIANT Center versus the Bridgeport Islanders. It's PSECU Knit Cap Night for the first 4,000 fans. For ticket information, please visit HersheyBears.com.
• Discuss this story on the American Hockey League message board...
American Hockey League Stories from January 26, 2022
- Wild Roast IceHogs in Overtime, 2-1 - Iowa Wild
- Griffins Blanked by Admirals - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Crunch Down Monsters, 3-1 - Syracuse Crunch
- Wolf Pack Use Three Second Period Goals to Knock off T-Birds 5-1 - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Monsters Late Push Falls Short in 3-1 Loss to Crunch - Cleveland Monsters
- Wolf Pack Bests T-Birds in Hartford - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Phantoms Power Play Presented by Provident Bank - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Anaheim Ducks Announce Roster Moves - San Diego Gulls
- Barracuda Outdone by Reign, 4-1 - San Jose Barracuda
- Ratcliffe Gets the Call, Additional Transactions Announced - Lehigh Valley Phantoms
- Parik Backstops Reign to 4-1 Win over San Jose - Ontario Reign
- Moose Announce Rescheduled Home Games - Manitoba Moose
- Bears Sign Marcus Vela to AHL Deal - Hershey Bears
- Red Wings Reassign Fulcher, Recall Pickard - Grand Rapids Griffins
- Evan Fitzpatrick Assigned to Greenville, Checkers Release Craig Martin and Spencer Ashucak from PTOs - Charlotte Checkers
- Blues Assign F James Neal to Thunderbirds - Springfield Thunderbirds
- Record 13 Former Griffins to Participate in Olympics - Grand Rapids Griffins
- The Bridgeport Report: Week 15 - Bridgeport Islanders
- Wolf Pack Open Three-Game Homestand with Visit from Thunderbirds - Hartford Wolf Pack
- Hogs Game Day: IceHogs Close Homestand with Winning Weekday Tilt vs. Wild Tonight - Rockford IceHogs
- Game #32: Bakersfield at Tucson - Tucson Roadrunners
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.