Gwinnett County offers split in IronPigs visit
(Gwinnett, GA) - The Lehigh Valley IronPigs (47-48) left Gwinnett County with a split as they lost to the Gwinnett Stripers (56-41) 11-2 on Thursday afternoon. The Pigs clinched the season series 4-3.
Connor Lien hit a two-run home run off Tyler Viza (1-8) in the bottom of the second inning to give the Stripers a 2-0 lead. Viza lasted just 2 2/3 innings, as he gave up a grand slam to Pedro Florimon in the bottom of the third inning. Gwinnett jumped out to a 6-0 lead.
Logan Morrison hit an RBI single off Mike Foltynewicz (4-1) to put the IronPigs on the scoreboard, 6-1. It would be the only run Foltynewicz would allow through six innings pitched. The Pigs scored a run against Ben Rowen in the top of the seventh inning as Phil Gosselin hit an RBI single to score Shane Robinson.
Lien homered again in the bottom of the seventh inning - this time against Yacksel Rios. This gave the Stripers a 7-2 lead. The Stripers proceeded to chase Rios out of the game in the bottom of the eighth inning by scoring four more runs against him. Andrew Romine entered the game to pitch in relief of Rios.
Dan Winkler entered the game in the top of the ninth inning to pitch in relief of Rowen and close out the game for Gwinnett. Tom Windle and Connor Brogdon each made a relief appearance and didn't allow a run. Austin Listi's 15-game hitting streak came to an end.
The Pigs continue their road trip by making the trip to Norfolk, Virginia for the first and only time this season. First pitch against the Tides is at 7:05 p.m. on Friday night.
The 2019 IronPigs season is the team's 12th as the top affiliate for the Philadelphia Phillies and 12th at Coca-Cola Park. Follow the IronPigs on Twitter at @IronPigs and like them on Facebook via www.facebook.com/LHVIronPigs.
The 2019 IronPigs season is presented by Capital BlueCross.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 18, 2019
- RailRiders take 3-of-4 from IL West leaders to begin seven-game homestand - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- James Marvel-ous as Indians One-Hit Mets in 9-1 Win - Indianapolis Indians
- Mets Win Series Despite Dropping Series Finale to Indians, 9-1, on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Mud Hens Take Series Finale at Home - Toledo Mud Hens
- Robert Launches Two Homers, Knights Shut out Bisons 6-0 Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Lose to Charlotte, 6-0 - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (47-48) vs. Syracuse Mets (48-48) - Indianapolis Indians
- Four Winners Selected for $10,000 Grant - Durham Bulls
- Torreyes Powers Wings to Series Win Thursday - Rochester Red Wings
- Lien's Homers Back Foltynewicz in 11-2 Rout of Lehigh Valley - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mountcastle and Williams Shine, but Wings Win - Norfolk Tides
- Red Wings Return for Promo-Packed Homestand Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Gwinnett County offers split in IronPigs visit - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Boeheim's Army Coming to Syracuse Mets Game on Tuesday, July 23 - Syracuse Mets
- Eovaldi Makes Rehab Appearance in 4-2 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bats Club Three Home Runs in 4-2 Win - Louisville Bats
- Christmas (Vacation Night) Coming Later this Month - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (36-60) at Pawtucket Red Sox (39-56) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Notes - Louisville Bats
- Wings Hang on to Beat Tides, 5-4, Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- 5 RBIs from Crook Powers Bats Past PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Crook Leads Bats to 8-1 Win over PawSox - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.