Christmas (Vacation Night) Coming Later this Month
MOOSIC, PA - Due to a lack of promised snow on this date, the Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders are moving the festivities for their Christmas Vacation Night to Monday, July 29.
Tonight's game against the Columbus Clippers is still on as scheduled with gates at 6:00 p.m. and a first pitch at 7:05. Energy Night, presented by Cabot Oil, will still go on as scheduled this evening.
On Monday, July 29, the RailRiders will celebrate a beloved holiday comedy, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, with an ornament giveaway for the first 2,500 fans. Gates on that Family Buck Night open at 6:00 and walk-up lawn seats will be available for less than a membership to the Jelly of the Month Club. Scranton/Wilkes-Barre takes on Tim Tebow and the Syracuse Mets that night.
The Salvation Army will have red bins at the gates for donations of new, unwrapped toys, school supplies and nonperishable food items. Each person donating an item will receive a pair of tickets to the August 2 RailRiders game and will be entered in a drawing for a pair of New York Yankees tickets (one winner will be chosen that night). Donations will also be accepted tonight as initially planned at the gate should fans already have plans to contribute.
Santa Claus himself will be on hand (who do you think is delivering the ornaments, Cousin Eddie?) for pictures on the concourse.
If there is no snow on July 29, the first 2,500 fans will also receive a free ticket to the August 19 game against the Pawtucket Red Sox.
Tickets for the hap- hap- happiest Christmas Vacation Night of them all, July 29, are available now at swbrailriders.com or at the E-Auto Box Office at PNC Field.
Where's the Tylenol?
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 18, 2019
- RailRiders take 3-of-4 from IL West leaders to begin seven-game homestand - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- James Marvel-ous as Indians One-Hit Mets in 9-1 Win - Indianapolis Indians
- Mets Win Series Despite Dropping Series Finale to Indians, 9-1, on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Mud Hens Take Series Finale at Home - Toledo Mud Hens
- Robert Launches Two Homers, Knights Shut out Bisons 6-0 Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Lose to Charlotte, 6-0 - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (47-48) vs. Syracuse Mets (48-48) - Indianapolis Indians
- Four Winners Selected for $10,000 Grant - Durham Bulls
- Torreyes Powers Wings to Series Win Thursday - Rochester Red Wings
- Lien's Homers Back Foltynewicz in 11-2 Rout of Lehigh Valley - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mountcastle and Williams Shine, but Wings Win - Norfolk Tides
- Red Wings Return for Promo-Packed Homestand Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Gwinnett County offers split in IronPigs visit - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Boeheim's Army Coming to Syracuse Mets Game on Tuesday, July 23 - Syracuse Mets
- Eovaldi Makes Rehab Appearance in 4-2 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bats Club Three Home Runs in 4-2 Win - Louisville Bats
- Christmas (Vacation Night) Coming Later this Month - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (36-60) at Pawtucket Red Sox (39-56) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Notes - Louisville Bats
- Wings Hang on to Beat Tides, 5-4, Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- 5 RBIs from Crook Powers Bats Past PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Crook Leads Bats to 8-1 Win over PawSox - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders Stories
- Keystone Mid Summer Classic Details Announced
- Bulls win series 3-0
- Estrada added to RailRiders on rehab assignment
- SWB Game Notes
- Two-run homers by Lukes, Cronenworth lift Bulls to Game 2 victory