Bisons Lose to Charlotte, 6-0
The #5 prospect in all of baseball, centerfielder Luis Roberts, led a constant Charlotte Knights attack in a 6-0 shutout win over the Bisons, Thursday night at Sahlen Field.
Roberts hit a pair of home runs as Charlotte outhit the Herd, 16-6, and scored in six of the nine innings. Fellow outfielder Paulo Orlando added four hits of his own as the Knights earned a series split with Buffalo.
The Knights were already ahead 1-0 when Roberts led off the third with a home run off Bisons knuckleballer, Ryan Feierabend. The no-doubt line drive to left was his fourth home run of the season.
Roberts' second blast of the night came with two outs in the sixth inning, this time leaving the yard in left-center. His sixth hit of the series -and fourth extra-base hit- gave Charlotte a 4-0 edge.
Catcher Selby Zavala hit added his 14th home run of the season in the eighth inning for the Knights before Orlando singled and scored in the ninth to close out the 6-0 win.
The Bisons offense did have hits of their one, including one in each of the first five innings, but couldn't string any together against Charlotte starter Odrisamer Despaigne. The righty struck out four and didn't walk a batter over seven innings to improve to 4-4 on the season.
Feierabend did give the Bisons a quality start as only three of the four runs he allowed in six innings was earned. However, the defeat drops his record to 5-5 on the year.
The Bisons homestand continues with a 7:05 p.m. Honda fridaynightbash! game against the Clippers. The Resurgence Brewing Happy Hour gets the fun going Friday at 5:00 p.m.
BISONS NOTES: Thursday's game marked the seventh time the Bisons have been shutout this year, but the first since a doubleheader sweep by Scranton/Wilkes-Barre on June 5... Taylor Saucedo (2.0IP) and Buddy Boshers (1.0IP) each allowed a run in relief... The Bisons had just two at-bats with runners in scoring position during the game and went 0-for-2.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 18, 2019
- RailRiders take 3-of-4 from IL West leaders to begin seven-game homestand - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- James Marvel-ous as Indians One-Hit Mets in 9-1 Win - Indianapolis Indians
- Mets Win Series Despite Dropping Series Finale to Indians, 9-1, on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Mud Hens Take Series Finale at Home - Toledo Mud Hens
- Robert Launches Two Homers, Knights Shut out Bisons 6-0 Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Lose to Charlotte, 6-0 - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (47-48) vs. Syracuse Mets (48-48) - Indianapolis Indians
- Four Winners Selected for $10,000 Grant - Durham Bulls
- Torreyes Powers Wings to Series Win Thursday - Rochester Red Wings
- Lien's Homers Back Foltynewicz in 11-2 Rout of Lehigh Valley - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mountcastle and Williams Shine, but Wings Win - Norfolk Tides
- Red Wings Return for Promo-Packed Homestand Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Gwinnett County offers split in IronPigs visit - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Boeheim's Army Coming to Syracuse Mets Game on Tuesday, July 23 - Syracuse Mets
- Eovaldi Makes Rehab Appearance in 4-2 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bats Club Three Home Runs in 4-2 Win - Louisville Bats
- Christmas (Vacation Night) Coming Later this Month - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (36-60) at Pawtucket Red Sox (39-56) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Notes - Louisville Bats
- Wings Hang on to Beat Tides, 5-4, Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- 5 RBIs from Crook Powers Bats Past PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Crook Leads Bats to 8-1 Win over PawSox - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.
Other Recent Buffalo Bisons Stories
- 'Ballpark Brew Bash' Craft Beer Festival Returns to Sahlen Field September 21
- Ballpark Golf Returns with â??The Sahlen Field Links' September 18-20
- Bisons End Season on Winning Note, 5-3 over RailRiders
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo at Scranton/Wilkes-Barre (12:05 p.m.)
- Bisons Fall 15-12 in Slugfest to RailRiders