Four Winners Selected for $10,000 Grant
DURHAM, NC - Four organizations have been chosen as the winners of the Durham Bulls Ballpark Project presented by Coastal Credit Union. Hillandale Sports Association, Hawfields Civitan Club, Northern Middle School and East Wake High School softball have each earned a $10,000 donation for facility renovations.
"For the second straight year we saw a highly impressive group of applications, and for the second straight year we had some very difficult decisions to make," Durham Bulls Vice President Mike Birling said. "These four winners proved why upgrades to their facilities will be important in helping grow the sports of baseball and softball for years to come."
Hillandale Sports Association expects to make renovations to improve the field's drainage issues, and Hawfields Civitan Club will provide a large-scale renovation for the first time since 1975. Northern Middle School plans to provide upgrades to its joint baseball/softball field, and East Wake High School softball will resurface its infield for a safer playing surface.
Each facility will be renovated in the coming months, with a list of priorities submitted by each location. Additionally, a representative from each organization is scheduled to be honored on-field at Durham Bulls Athletic Park on Tuesday, August 6.
The Bulls return to the DBAP for a six-game homestand on Tuesday, July 23. Single-game tickets and group outings are available now at durhambulls.com, or by calling the Mako Medical Ticket Office at 919.956.BULL.
• Discuss this story on the International League message board...
International League Stories from July 18, 2019
- RailRiders take 3-of-4 from IL West leaders to begin seven-game homestand - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- James Marvel-ous as Indians One-Hit Mets in 9-1 Win - Indianapolis Indians
- Mets Win Series Despite Dropping Series Finale to Indians, 9-1, on Thursday Night - Syracuse Mets
- Mud Hens Take Series Finale at Home - Toledo Mud Hens
- Robert Launches Two Homers, Knights Shut out Bisons 6-0 Thursday - Charlotte Knights
- Bisons Lose to Charlotte, 6-0 - Buffalo Bisons
- Game Information: Indianapolis Indians (47-48) vs. Syracuse Mets (48-48) - Indianapolis Indians
- Four Winners Selected for $10,000 Grant - Durham Bulls
- Torreyes Powers Wings to Series Win Thursday - Rochester Red Wings
- Lien's Homers Back Foltynewicz in 11-2 Rout of Lehigh Valley - Gwinnett Stripers
- Mountcastle and Williams Shine, but Wings Win - Norfolk Tides
- Red Wings Return for Promo-Packed Homestand Tuesday - Rochester Red Wings
- Bisons Game Notes - Buffalo vs. Charlotte (7:05 p.m.) - Buffalo Bisons
- Gwinnett County offers split in IronPigs visit - Lehigh Valley IronPigs
- Boeheim's Army Coming to Syracuse Mets Game on Tuesday, July 23 - Syracuse Mets
- Eovaldi Makes Rehab Appearance in 4-2 Loss - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Bats Club Three Home Runs in 4-2 Win - Louisville Bats
- Christmas (Vacation Night) Coming Later this Month - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Game Notes: Louisville Bats (36-60) at Pawtucket Red Sox (39-56) - Louisville Bats
- SWB Game Notes - Scranton/Wilkes-Barre RailRiders
- Louisville Bats Notes - Louisville Bats
- Wings Hang on to Beat Tides, 5-4, Wednesday - Rochester Red Wings
- 5 RBIs from Crook Powers Bats Past PawSox - Pawtucket Red Sox
- Crook Leads Bats to 8-1 Win over PawSox - Louisville Bats
The opinions expressed in this release are those of the organization issuing it, and do not necessarily reflect the thoughts or opinions of OurSports Central or its staff.